• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ultramar : Portuguese African Combat

Uuuuuum, I am starting production in a few days (after my exams end, did Physics and Chemestry today).

So, WHAT program's should I use to make the mod?
I sure got UDK September 2010 but would like to know the best programs to model, animate, texture, map, etc. so I can be sure this goes as smoothly as possible.

First model I will do is the INDEP Morteirete 60mm, preety much the best mortar ever made, and will post it here.

Edit : Forgot to mention I've been updating the info posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still recruting people, and allways will during the process of making the mod.

Been learning to model with 3Ds Max. I have a friend that is good at coding and Im in the last stages of convincing him to work on this.
The most difficult part is the coding because I want to implement things such as weapon jamming (wich will derive from weapon reliability and how fast you are firing bullets).
Been also drawing the HUD, will post the final drawings (re-made in Paint) of this along with the hand-rigs.

Upvote 0
two tips for your modelling there. first, you see those three boxes on the bottom toolbar that have x:, y:, and z: next to them? select each part of your model individually and change the x: and y: boxes to 0, pressing enter after each input to make the change. that should fix the off-center arrangement of your current model.

second, check out this 3DS Max modelling tutorial. it drastically improved the quality of the models I produced when I still had the drive to do it.

Upvote 0
two tips for your modelling there. first, you see those three boxes on the bottom toolbar that have x:, y:, and z: next to them? select each part of your model individually and change the x: and y: boxes to 0, pressing enter after each input to make the change. that should fix the off-center arrangement of your current model.

second, check out this 3DS Max modelling tutorial. it drastically improved the quality of the models I produced when I still had the drive to do it.

I shall follow your advices, but regarding the tutorial the 1st part doesn't open. Says it's a "unrecognized file" for some reason. Got a alternate dl link for part 1?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow, I hope you guys manage to pull this off. The Colonial War is such an interesting conflict, the Portuguese lizard uniforms, G3s and HK21s look just so cool in a jungle setting of Mozambique..

Don't forget AR10's in the middle of the bush.
Plus decapitating people with MG42's and machetes all day erry day.

Anyways, taking a short break from modelling, will get back to it in a few days.
Gonna focus on mapping more until then (doing the Cliff test map).

Also, I have been updating the main posts with stuff & junk, go check it out.

Upvote 0