• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] Turkish Mauser Fun

Time to steal Floyd's thunder. Not really ... I just thought I'd share with you all this video of me firing my Turkish Mauser for the first time. I bought the rifle at a gun show for $165, and after about 12 hours of intense cleaning, it was ready to go. In the video, I'm the dude in the leather jacket (and the guy not firing the .22). My friend, who is new at shooting, was with me so we both thought it wise to start with something with low recoil.

The gun's metal parts are stamped 1942, and this rifle is technically of the Model 1938 designation, which were basically older guns refurbished by the Turks to conform to new standards. The rifling is in great shape, and other than its initial horribly dirty state, it's clear this thing hasn't been used much.

Fun at the Range with a Turkish Mauser and Friends - YouTube

Great rifle so far, and it's technically the first rifle I can call my own. I am looking forward to buying more ammo to go out shooting again, though obviously ammo is pretty damn hard to find in the states right now.

Last edited:
Cold where you are.... and a freakin monsoon here :(

Popular cartridge sizes are indeed getting hard to find. Especially that of any quality. And prepare to pay through the nose. I haven't reloaded since building this house (12 years ago). I may have to break out my dies and presses....

Looks like you guys had a great time. Thats what its all about! Its hard to beat a good day of target shooting with friends! Once everyone is comfortable, the competition and humbling can begin... :cool:

Upvote 0
Tell your friend to pull the trigger in one slow constant motion. Yanking it like that will pull your aim off.

If you need some stripper clips for the mauser let me know :).

Now I shall have to wait a small bit and steal your thunder with my newly acquired hardware.

I'll give you two hints.

Webley MK VI & S&W pre Victory revolver.

( Both in spectacular condition ).

Upvote 0