• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trying to get back into RO but...

Good post Jim... You know I back your Old Glory 100%. I only have 3 servers on my list currently. As I mentioned if you live in the US and you set up your filters correctly per each type of game you end up with very little left. Most are empty and the top ones are always full. The ONLY 3 servers I currently have on my list is 2Manny's, Old Glory, and 29th. 2 of those being DH servers and of course the Old Glory being RO.

The reason you haven't seen me in Old Glory of late is I try to join and it sits with the old Auto-Join set for hours and NEVER connects and as I said if players frequent any of those 3 then you'll see me.

The biggest problem with the 29th is just as the server gets full and the action gets heated they convert over to scrimmages and everyone else is left in the dark and these people need to find and make another server their home and if they always show up like they always do there, then another server would benefit from those bodies...

As Jim said about trying EVERYTHING. 2Manny's has done all of it. Our community really died over there when the game went from 32/50 players after the one patch and our server went through and IP change, why that ruined it? I have NO idea. From that day on the community just dwindled over there to where it was NIL.

We originally started out similar to the Old Glory server but the only difference was we had map voting enabled. That didn't work, then those that played still, which at this point was many, wanted more, so they hounded us for Customs, well they got those. This failed. Then last but not least they've asked for something different, we've become a DH server and it's currently failing as well.

The game in the states isn't as popular as it is over seas and that's why many of the US servers are sitting empty because the player base is much less here than it is in Europe. When we were similar to the Old Glory our playerbase was playing always during the day and when evening came it trickled down to nothing and this mostly was time zones and the fact that Eurpean players were greater in numbers.

Upvote 0
My issues are with PING more so than anything and that's why the ONLY 3 servers that are any good to me are 2Manny's, Old Glory, and 29th unfortunately.

I have my filters set to what best suits my game play and everything else would be pretty much unplayable for me.

I'll keep an eye out for the 17.ss server but as mentioned the 3 above are the only ones worth while to me. Not only that 2Manny's is owned by Me and Yatyas so it's kind of waste to frequent other servers when we have our own...

Upvote 0
you know it's been years since i've played RO. i used to admin at 2Mannys previous to and along with 7-Clown-7, and the server used to be hoppin'. but even as i left things were slowing down. i have built a couple machines since then and haven't had steam installed on any of them, but i have just now installed Steam and d/l'd RO and MN. i hope i haven't wasted my time.

i don't know anything about DH or where to get it. i suppose i'll have to track that down. i'm having a hard time finding a suitable wargame these days. COD WaW, even with a realism mod, is pigshyte.

Upvote 0
Hey Petrol... Long time no see. You are still an admin, Yatyas and I have not changed any that we had. Unless he might have but we can always put you back if you can't get in.

DH can be found at www.darkesthourgame.com and will soon be downloadable like MN on Steam hopefully in the coming month or so. It's currently in beta but supposed to go Full here soon.

Get it... Personally I love RO and MN is good as well and CC was also good but IMO DH is one incredible MOD/Game. It's a must have. It of course caters to us US folks because of it bringing in the Normandy invasion and the US troops.

I'd love to see our server take off again but it's a DH server so hope to get you back and maybe see you on the server soon.

Upvote 0
hey slyder. still kickin' around i see. nice.

i played some MN, it was okay. the server appeared to be in china.

i played a few rounds of DH. i'm having a hard time getting used to the speed of the game again. i'm amazed how dated the engine is. the world cries out for a realistic war game that can make use of DX10 and a GTX 280.

i'll see you fellows tonight i assume.

Upvote 0
Here in Australia I only get 3 MN servers( which are completely empty) and about 5 DH severs (with about 5 players total - although very rarely i get a populated DH server).

How can I get to even see the servers ?

Maybe I need to join a clan or trol websiters to get the server addresses- why don't they show up in the in-game server browser?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you think 50 player servers are bad...wait until we have 100 player servers!

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23744

Wait for it.

Gotcha! :)

The current technology does not lend itself to yet again double the server size...24 to 32 to 50. No matter how big the server in terms of CPU and RAM, the gating factor appears to be ping and the speed of the networks.

We'll just have to wait for the next generation internet to come out before we can create the mother-of-all RO-servers and cram 100 players onto Kriegstadt or Danzig...can you imagine!?!? :p

"Oh, the humanity!"

Upvote 0