• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire?! Have you ever played BiA: Hell's Higway?

* Game, that looks great and runs great, even on old PC's.- I have a Ati Radeon HD 3800 and i play everything on Ultra without lag.
* Game with great singleplayer campaign, and good AI. - A.I. could be better, but it's good enough. Singleplayer is training for Multiplayer, TW mentioned that many times.
* Game with great multiplayer (still alive!), without tons of bugs and glitches. - Multiplayer is dead in BIA:HH. Way too many bugs. If you don't believe me, i would have 1 hours of video showing the bugs in Multiplayer.
* Game with better control and cover system. - The cover system in RO2 is the smoothest and best cover system i have ever seen.

''And fix your ****** **** game...before it's too late.''
I suggest leaving this forum immediately before it's too late.

****** fanboy.

Upvote 0
No I havn't played it, but yes I have judged it from those things I saw. All of that was enough to put me away from it, sadly enough. I had high hopes from the first trailers and walkthroughs but seeing the finished product and hearing my friends verdicts made me loose interest.

Hearing that things like the suppression icon and slow-mo stuff can be turned of sounds nice, but I've still heard that MP is quite chaotic and that SP is repetetive (I played the first two games, so I'm pretty sure I know why) with a story overburdened by quite stupid Hollywoodesque moments (aside from saving some girl from a burning city, wasn't there a sequence where you as a sniper saved a little boy running from hordes of evil Germanz?). Heard all this from friends who just like me had high hopes of an authentic and realistic experience, and where unlucky enough to buy it before I got the chance.

Aside from the bug-free release, what else should we learn from such a different game? That was my point. OP just said that everything about it was "great" - I recollected some stuff that to me was proved that it was not that great (judging fast and unfair, maybe, but still don't see what Tripwire can learn from a game obviously focused on cinematic singleplayer).

For a 4 year old title it still holds up well I reckon. 4 years is a long time in games dev. I think what you can learn is that BIA HH and RO2 use the same graphics engine and given that RO2 is having problems in this area maybe something can be learnt from the fact that BIA HH runs as smooth as butter at very high res with similar amounts of eye candy.

As far as being repetitive is concerned I'd say most fps are to a certain extent. I mainly ignored the story line In BIA HH and just got on with what I though were some pretty well designed levels and gameplay. I also thought the game was quite atmospheric. The level you mention re the boy escaping from the Germans was an opportunity in the game to don the sniper rifle and although the idea may sound a bit cheesy it was fairly well done. I enjoyed the SP experience as the AI and mechanics of the game seemed pretty solid, I never got round to trying the MP.

My main complaint with it was that you were reminded at times that this game was also available on XBox 360. I'd hazard a guess that this is the main reason that a lot of good stuff got left out of what could have been a really good PC release.

But even as it is, it is imo still one of the better single player WW2 fps's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0