• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire has certainly come a long way with graphics

Bane5

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2012
Tripwire has long been known for good gameplay and realistic gun handling; however, graphics haven't been their strong point in the past. No offense to the hard work on previous titles, but the products have always seemed a bit dated in terms of visuals. There have been glory moments. Watching an artillery shell in Red Orchestra 2 launch a disembowled body 10 feet into the air is satisfying. Yet, as a whole the game seemed quite a few years behind modern titles with visuals at release--a nagging stumbling block when trying to convince my friends to play the game

As someone who recently started following Killing Floor 2, having played over 1000+ hours in RO2, I must say, I am impressed with the big leap Tripwire has taken in terms of visuals. Killing Floor 2 looks like a modern game even raises the bar a bit in terms of gore and first person gun animations. The environments look beautiful, the zeds look fierce-some, and the gunplay looks fantastic. Tripwire has outdone themselves this time around and they deserve kudos for that.

Of course gameplay always trumps graphics, but there's something to be said about a game that both plays well and looks well when it comes to future sales. :IS2:

Last edited:
Spoiler!

Just a little

Upvote 0
The important stuff is animations...I didnt even mind KF1 graphics...it looked rough and all....the graphics gave it great athmosphere...the issue were animations which were lacking (they did state that they started working on KF1 just 3 months before release)

KF2 animations are very varied and give you a sense of reality...and i havent even seen much since i am mostly on normal, but FPs and scrakes are crazy cool and aggresive

Upvote 0
The important stuff is animations...I didnt even mind KF1 graphics...it looked rough and all....the graphics gave it great athmosphere...the issue were animations which were lacking (they did state that they started working on KF1 just 3 months before release)

KF2 animations are very varied and give you a sense of reality...and i havent even seen much since i am mostly on normal, but FPs and scrakes are crazy cool and aggresive

The way the animations blend together is what is most striking--seeing a zed knocked back and flinch as its hit. Also, judging between the two screenshots posted above, the way lighting is handled seems to make a big difference as well. KF1 and RO2 look a bit whitewashed whereas KF2 has vibrant colors.

----

All this makes me wonder whats in store for future titles someday... r03 in the distant horizon? :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0