• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Trigger keeps getting stuck

The trigger stays on when I've finished pressing R2/RTrigger on my controller. It keeps firing. Annoying and makes it somewhat unplayable.

So the input polling code isn't right.

I'm using an Xbox One controller, it works absolutely fine with other games, no issues.
I'm using an xbox one controller too. Did you install its drivers?
Also, steam has some kind of support for Xbox drivers using the big picture. You might want to try it

Upvote 0
This is the first we have heard of this happening. Does it happen when you try a different controller?
That would imply either that controllers have unique behaviour(?) or that the drivers were not tested before release.

Xb1 controllers are using the same Windows 10 driver. The issue is that sometimes the trigger isn't held but the full auto shooting continues. Now that I think about it, I can only remember it happening during zed time It happens with the Seal Squeal too (semiauto) and what happens sometimes is I hold the left trigger, it then proceeds to shoot for some reason - rarely.

Since I am a programmer who had these kinds of bugs in the past, that's what I am thinking: a few lines of code that look like they work fine, but there are some hidden information variables that jumble around in the program state and don't always behave exactly as the rest of the code structure is set up for.

I will try it with an official Xb1 controller but like I said, I play other fast paced shooting games so I would have noticed a glaring driver/hardware issue like this.

The other thing to try is recording button input as it happens so the discrepancy is clear on a visual controller overlay in a video. I am not sure how to do that easily. Edit: found something

On PS4 I found a bug 2 years ago where it sometimes repeatedly threw money on the floor. Made the game unplayable. Now in that scenario, I hope you wouldn't say it's the PS4 controller's fault. The last time I played on PS4 (6 months ago maybe) that bug was still there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0