• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Trainer map

They fixed it by disallowing some things you can do in SDK I think. But there is still versions of this 'perk training' map that works and grant XP at an excessively crazy rate. This creates noobs with level 25 perks who join suicidal or hell on earth game but who don't know how to play.. and you have to lose the game to understand why this level 25 guys played like ****, when you see that he has 15 hours on the game and all perks maxed out..

Upvote 0
The old trainer maps used Kismet Actor Factories to create low-HP immobile Hans Volter(s). Here is a video of one of these maps. This was fixed in v1013 by unranking maps that used these Actor Factories.

After that, there was a method that used a modified KFGameContent.u file that gave very high XP per zed. Here is a video. This was fixed by adding verification code for this file (judging from the video comments, I think it was in v1021).

Trainer maps nowadays use unmodified zeds but drop them in small kill zones that they cannot escape from. I don't know how Tripwire is planning on fixing this (if they even could, because for XP purposes, the current trainer maps are regular maps).

Upvote 0
IMO maps should be whitelisted to be ranked. Otherwise there's just no point unranking maps with Kismet.

Blacklisting isn't gonna work in this case, as there is no way to identify training maps -- file name and size just won't cut it.

The only argument against whitelisting is time requirement from TWI to approve maps. I think we could get community involved to save time for TWI. First, now that we have a working workshop, we could have TWI only review maps with a certain subscriber/favourite threshold in the workshop. We could also have moderators review the maps first. I'm sure we could find some volunteers.

It's just silly to have a leveling system, which can be easily bypassed. It's also irrational to prevent certain ways of farming xp while keeping others available.

Upvote 0