• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tool: 10,000 days

Piron said:
But what are they? 'progressive rock'? They're probably more a league of their own, its kind of hard to describe them, you really should listem to them. (But then there's no use in describing it anymore. :confused: )

Actually they just had an short clip of an interview with the drummer on my local radio and he described them as 'Alternative' and went on to explain that they are the only band that deserves to be called that as they are the only ones that are truly an 'Alternative' to everything else... so there ya go :p

Upvote 0
Terminxman said:
I preordered it, got it May 2nd thank God, and it's an awesome album but a small dissapointment compared to Lateralus and Aenema. It seems a lot more laid back and the songs don't flow as well but I still love it, if you don't like TooL then **** you.
I like 10000 days better than the others. Best album from them yet. Meshuggah was supposedly a big influence to them. They have crazy rhythms like 10/8 time, switching to 6/8, then to 7/8, and back to 10/8 within a verse (in Vicarious). The weird time signatures may make it not flow as well but it's still there for a purpose and has a unique sound. Nearly every song is in 4/4 time and it gets boring after while if you don't do anything with it. Changing time signatures takes a lot of talent, especially for drummers. Also, I like the rifts better. Some songs seem more melodic than they have in the past, which is one problem I have with the previous albums. More rhythmic + more melodic = win, at least for me. It's still straight tool sounding, but they just surpassed themselves.

Upvote 0