• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC ToggleEX does not work on Child KFSpawners - Descent Spawns Broken

Delta69er

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2017
Category: Kismet/Code/Level Design

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: ToggleEX kismet does not work on child KFSpawners

Description: As the title says.

Currently the portal spawns in The Descent and probably Nightmare are broken because you are activating child spawners with it.

Due to this, only the parent spawners are working in the arenas.

I see that in Krampus you have unlinked the ToggleEX on the spawners; were you all suffering the same issue?

Online/Offline: Both

The ToggleEX kismet does work, sort of, for the Portal entry and their child spawners; however, it's a little weird to set up. The critical part is to disable all the portal entry option by using a normal Toggle sequence action node in Kismet to *DISABLE* (Toggle Off) all portal entry parents at the map start. This is because, by default, they are all enable.

NOTE: Unchecking the bEnabled flag on the portal entry actor will make things more complicated so don't do that.

After you've disabled them all, including the childs (just to be safe) the portal entry actors should be toggled directly (Using either a ToggleEx or Toggle) to turn on when the player(s) enter into a new arena and turn them off when they are leaving (Trader Time).

Upvote 0
[TW]Swag I have. Go test descent on any wave other than 1 - youll notice only one spawner is being activated - the parent. I spent a good 4 hours yesterday trying to debug why my child spawners weren't working after introducing the ToggleEX for the spawners - Identical kismet and set up to Descent. Then I thought it was probably fugged altogether and went and checked The Descent and the same issue was happening.

ToggleEX does work - on everything apart from child spawners. You cant directly invoke them with ToggleEX.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am working down the rabbit hole on this one and have found an error that potentially could substantiate your assertion that something is busted. We bypassed using portal entry in the Krampus Lair map mainly because it wasn't entirely needed; however, we were experiencing inconsistency in the usage of the child spawners as well. I will provide more information when it comes available to me.

Upvote 0