• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

to tripwire: the L.A.W isn't worth it right now.

..Or increase its damage a bit and give it a MUCH larger AoE, the reality of the weapon can go hang if it means the weapon will continue to be useless.

Ofcourse that's allways a posibillity, but not one i am a big fan of, whilst i have no dillusions about KF beeing some kind of ultra realistic simulator, it would be nice if it atleast continues to suspend disbelief when it comes to simple things like this (this is sorta allready a problem with the LAW now, that such a powerfull weapon apparently does way too little damage).

It's a retail game now, which means someone on the TWI team actually gets payed to make models, anims and skins, so why not just replace a weapon model that's allways going to be problematic, with one that is better suited to the game? switching the LAW for a Bofors woulden't really be a big deal, or a 40mm grenade launcher for that matter, it would just make the game nicer really, having a bit of polish in it's weapon selection.

Upvote 0
I agree with just replacing the L.A.W. with something a little less specific. Changing the properties of the gun to be that of another gun just takes away the realism to me. If it's meant to be anti-tank then obviously it's going to do damage but not have much splash. Since this would be a problem for the patriarch it would be better to swap to a different launcher (such as grenade) that has moderate damage and splash.

I think the biggest problem for this would be players wanting to herd the waves into large groups then blowing them all up at once, which I'm going to assume is one of the reasons the L.A.W. has been implemented instead of a wide high damage high ratius weapon. My suggestion, as stated above (moderate damage moderate radius) with a short supply of munition, maybe a grenade launcher with 6 grenades. That would make it more useful then the L.A.W. without making it dominate the patriarch.

Upvote 0
Another alternative would be for the LAW to deal massive damage to one target, much more than currently, but have only one or two rockets - more like the Rocket Launcher in Resident Evil games, for example. This would frustrate people who currently like the LAW, obviously, but it would make the weapon more useful while still balancing out its power with limited capacity (and therefore more reliance on skill).

Upvote 0
Why not simply make it single-shot weapon with somewhat reduced cost, high power enough to kill everything else besides Patriarch with single shot + cause larger AoE damage but again, after you use it it's gone. No reloading, no extra rockets or antyhing.

In principle yes but i can't see it ever being balanced. If its too heavy, the only class that could use other weapons would be the Support, making the class even more overpowered. If you couldn't carry other guns it'd be useless. If you could then it'd almost certainly wind up being overpowered (again on the Support).

Upvote 0
Even if its lighter the Supporter wins because he can take it AND hold a large supply of other weapons. Either way the Support gets a huge advantage if the weapon is made extremely powerful.

Maybe, but I find it bit silly to presume that simply making it more powerful, one shot weapon that is disposed after you fire it (it's like a cigarette, once you smoke it it's gone) would make things too tedious or overpowered. Considering that if you have hunting shotgun, handcannon etc and take hits, it can easily take 1,000

Upvote 0
The Patriarch is why i think a 40mm Grenade launcher might be better suited for the game, basically, it would work like a more powerfull alternative to the handgrenade (and with more range), it might pack a punch in a small radius around where it detonates, but the real effect is the shrapnel (or gas, 40mm nades can pack gas aswell), wich would soften up hordes before they get clouse to the players.

It would make it obvious that the weapon is for thinning out or weakening large crowds of specimens, not so much for taking out the big ones, which seems it would work better for KF.

Something like the HK69 should do nicely: [url]http://www.hkpro.com/hk69.htm[/URL]

Upvote 0
Sorry for droppin in a bit late and givin this a bit of a bump but i figured some info about the real law might help guide this along.
Wiki link : [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Anti-Tank_Weapon[/URL]

while there are many versions of this weapon ,including a reloadable version most often used for training, the two most important warheads are the m72e9 and the e10. the e9 is a more recent upgrade and features increased armour penetration and a better rocket motor, and secondly the e10 also known as the Frag HE rocket. now when your aim and intent is to blow the Shyte out of many creapy crawly specimens, why use a high explosive anti tank warhead when you can get the equivalent to a really big grenade.
Twould be nice to see the current reloadable law removed in favour of a realistic 1 shot is all you got tube, and the ability to purchase a HEAT munition or a HEFRAG. Heat being a lower area damage but much greater damage to the target, HEFRAG being a large area damage.

Even better if you take the time to read the information on the WIKI, these weapons have been purchased by many countries, canada (woot) and more importantly in this one case, Britian.
many of you may drool at this one particular blurb
"
The Light Anti-Structures Missile (LASM) is the name of the L72A9 in UK service[2] The main difference is the warhead, the LASM contains about 1 kg of an enhanced blast explosive, whereas the LAW contains about a third of a kilo[3][4].
"

EDIT (yes hold on windbags isnt done yet )

Considering all this, a large area weapon is still really needed in this game. (will be needed even more when people find out how to put more then 32 specimens on map at any time )

Behold the m79 grenade launcher, thumper, blooper ETC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_grenade_launcher

why good old boy here? because the m79 fires a wide range of munitions including two different types of 40mm shotgun shells (20 #4 pellets ), HE munitions, or HEDP ETC. Im not going to go through the whole list other then to say these things have been used the world over (look at the list of countries that use them), and they do the job of providing a 40mm grenade weapon without giving a player a 6 round rotating breech model, as im just going to take a wild guess that anyone with a 6 shot grenade launcher wouldent have too much trouble nabbing many kills. On the other hand the shotgun munitions are m79 only, and they would be a must.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No it shouldn't have large splash damage.
But it should screw up a single target and at least kill clots around it.

1 Rocket should kill a FP and scrake on normal, IMO. 2 on suicidal. But lower ammo to 12 or something.

The hunting shotgun exsists as an AoE weapon.. Tons of pellets that penetrate.

LAW should be like HS, but longer range, and more damage to a single target.

If you just gave it a bigger explosion, it'd be like a worse HS still..

And as far as grenade launcher.. I agree, for a perk.
irish02.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0