• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac To Everyone Experiencing the DLC Weapon Pack Issues

Alright, so obviously we're all angry about this, and many have been taking their anger out out on the forums. Realistically, we can't ask for our money back, since (as far as I'm aware) the money is going to the modders, not Tripwire or Steam, and I know I'm not blaming the modders. If we ask for our money back from them, all we'll be doing is discouraging hardworking folk from keeping up their much appreciated contributions. So what can we reasonably expect as compensation for what's been a very frustrating time trying to access what we've paid for, and having no visible progress for quite a while?

My answer might sound somewhat trivial, but how about a nice character pack (or I guess even single character skin) exclusive to mac users who've been tormented with the DLC problem? Obviously it wont get our wasted time back dealing with support, and maybe not many people will use it, but it will at least show some kind of effort on Tripwires part to make up for what has been a fairly unacceptable wait. Personally, I'd forgive them pretty quickly if I saw some kind of effort to reimburse us for our problems (and we all know this isnt the first mac based problem), just anything to show that they really do care that mac based customers have not had a fair time of it lately.

I know that the character Harchier Spebbington has been exlcusive to a small group of customers for quite a while, and looks like he'll stay that way. So obviously characters being exclusive to particular customers is both something tripwire can do, and is prepared to do. Although it's not about having new characters, or about having something other customers can't, to me it's just about seeing Tripwire recognise that mac customers have been (unintentionally, I'm sure) mistreated, and doing something about that. And if any PC users have a problem with this idea, you folk got to enjoy the entirety of the Hillbilly Horror event with the DLC pack while it was still new and exciting, whereas we're still yet to play it, let us have something for once!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, if you feel the same let me know. If you think I'm an idiot, let me know that too. Cheers!

Yeah probably not. I'm just very frustrated and wanted a rant.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% and would also like to see something more than "Oops lol be grateful we fixed it at all :p" and a really delayed fix, but that's what we're going to get. At least now I know for next time. Don't think I'm going to buy another Tripwire product, definitely not for full price. Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% and would also like to see something more than "Oops lol be grateful we fixed it at all :p" and a really delayed fix, but that's what we're going to get. At least now I know for next time. Don't think I'm going to buy another Tripwire product, definitely not for full price. Ridiculous.

I think the moral of the story is don't buy software for systems that aren't as well supported.

Upvote 0
I think the moral of the story is don't buy software for systems that aren't as well supported.

Let's not turn this into a Mac vs. PC flame war. My two cents:

I own one computer. My computer's main purpose is software development and its secondary purpose is entertainment (which gaming falls under). For the development I do, having a Mac with native Unix terminals is a huge advantage over running Cygwin in Windows. For that reason I own one Mac and will only play games that run on OSX, even if it limits my gaming options.

Upvote 0
Let's not turn this into a Mac vs. PC flame war. My two cents:

I own one computer. My computer's main purpose is software development and its secondary purpose is entertainment (which gaming falls under). For the development I do, having a Mac with native Unix terminals is a huge advantage over running Cygwin in Windows. For that reason I own one Mac and will only play games that run on OSX, even if it limits my gaming options.

Seconded. I own a macbook because I find Logic Studios to be the best DAW, and it's an apple product exclusive to macs. Had I known Killing Floor would have so many issues with mac, I may well not have bought it. If these kind of problems occur regularly I might have to give up on the game, as its just too frustrating to put up with. Though I'd like to say it is appreciated that a fix finally has come through, and if the Halloween event was extended as a favour to mac users as it appears to have been, then I guess that shows enough effort to compensate this time round. Hopefully we won't end up in this position again!

Upvote 0
Seconded. I own a macbook because I find Logic Studios to be the best DAW, and it's an apple product exclusive to macs. Had I known Killing Floor would have so many issues with mac, I may well not have bought it. If these kind of problems occur regularly I might have to give up on the game, as its just too frustrating to put up with. Though I'd like to say it is appreciated that a fix finally has come through, and if the Halloween event was extended as a favour to mac users as it appears to have been, then I guess that shows enough effort to compensate this time round. Hopefully we won't end up in this position again!

This is the exact reason I have a Mac; Logic Studio is awesome.

Benjamin's comment is just a poor troll effort.

Upvote 0
"My answer might sound somewhat trivial, but how about a nice character pack (or I guess even single character skin) exclusive to mac users who've been tormented with the DLC problem?
Cheers!"

MeGustaBlackTextSS.png

Upvote 0