• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This is the end of Maneater/Maneater2?

Shakocalypse

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2019
Now it's been confirmed that Maneater will no longer be receiving updates or future expansions its time to get excited over the teased announcement of Maneater 2 "How could we not be".
I personally hope they keep the next game aquatic as the extra axis of movement and exploration of aquatic environment is more interesting then the alternative. As for our main protagonist I adore our lovely shark and am saddened to say goodbye her.
So what defines the Maneater franchise and what to expect from Maneater 2?
Satirical tone, protagonist with mass appeal, aquatic themes, exploration, fun fast gameplay, great voice acting and arcade feel.
Our new leading lady?
I fear another shark protagonist will be to risky for marketability, it's difficult to add enough extra depth to the gameplay of a shark for the average gamer to return. This will also lead to poor reviews.
What sea creature appeals to the current fanbase, will allow for improved/extra gameplay functions, have diverse customisation/skins, generate hype, allow for future dlc's and might cast a wider pop culture net to draw new players. I can think of only one, Tripwire time to release the Kraken.
Why Kraken?
1.Modifications/skins? From movies, comic books, video games and board games aside from the tentacles it's almost always depicted differently. Love to see tripwires unique take.
2.Appeal? Obviously being in all the above mentioned it has huge appeal within and outside of the Maneater community.
3.Gameplay? Having tentacles and intelligence allows for greater interactions at a basic level and depending on the design could allow for custom lairs and anything from a more natural gaint squid design(adds ink/stealth gamplay) to a high fantasy d&d design(adds endless abilities/options)
4.Satirical theme/dlc's? Lots of pop culture references allows for easy exploration monuments and Satirical themes. Again depending on the design dlc's could even allow for a time travelling prequel who doesn't want to sink a pirate ship.

What do you think?
Happy holidays to all the community and the Tripwire team.