• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This game has insane potential, but is far from finished.

Echo Black

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Who agrees? When it does work like it should, you can see a promising, proper, brilliantly-realized PC game underneath. But sorry, it doesn't have only "a few issues", and saying stuff like it's "maybe not perfect" like Ramm himself did is putting it VERY lightly. How can you take people that say stuff like "Remember <game x>? Yeah, it also released full of bugs!" seriously, when that's pretty much comparing RO2 to games that had busted releases instead of ones that were up to standard? That's not how you do it, that's acting on bad faith, it's being biased. It's trying to make the RO2 launch look reasonable when it's clearly not.

I don't regret my purchase, as I trust TWI's track record and drive to squash bugs. This game is pretty much their baby, after all, it's by far their most ambitious title. But damn, RO2 is NOT finished. It shouldn't be out of beta at all.

( By the way, how do you people think this game will do with the critics? They will probably not be as tolerant of the game's many issues as fans are. I'm predicting 6-8 scores across the board, with 7ish ones being the norm. )

---

I agree with you. On the other hand, that's what betas are for. Hopefully TWI didn't rush the game to beat MW3/BF3 to the punch.

---

sadly i think that might be it.

If they released this game around the same time of KOWADOODY or BF3 release dates, it would have been overwhelmed by the more known titles.
Especially since most people are on a tight budget for games and can only get 1.

Also to stay on topic: OP ive been saying that since Beta started. I dont agree with tripwires decision to release the game in this condition, but i can certainly see why they chose to do it.

Upvote 0