• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theoldgitsarmy?

I regularly play there, along with the 40-1 Baptised by Fire (epic Sabaton reference). There is a LOT of experienced and friendly players there.
I like it, good thing they turned off the tanks in the server until the AI accuracy is fixed.

If I want to get some easy Honor points I just start driving a Panzer with the AI crew and I can become a death machine. Srsly TWI fix this.

Upvote 0
I play there regularly, when I fancy some 64-up action :) I often see Andrew Blake, CannonFodder and Alperce there, had some good games with you guys :) Mac - is RJ Macready your ingame name too? I don't remember seeing you, but to be honest with such a large scoreboard and occasionally being lazy when reading the kill list, it's easy to miss people :) heh. PS - nice choice of name/avatar - I love John Carpenter films :)

I also play on the PARA servers whenever they're populated, and they're awesome games, especially on the CD server. But, they seem quieter these days - I probably just miss the active times, but they were definitely more populated a couple of months ago.

Oh, and TDP too - although I think they run relaxed mode, and I tend to prefer realistic when I can get it :)

OldGits and 40-1 plus a couple of others for me. Para used to be my mainstay but then they made the decision not to concentrate on TE and only play CD these days as they prefer it . Shame really, good team-orientaed set of players but I dont like CD anymore.

Upvote 0
Since I only play Spartanovka, GrainElevator and a bit Apartments I regularly have to change servers, and yes sometimes I end up on Oldgitsarmy. Except for the Russian servers I don't often see many 64 player servers, so it is nice with the change.

It also means I am not that particular about the server settings, since, even for us Europeans, there are only a limited amount of servers playing "my" maps at any given time. So I play on all realism settings, with and without tanks (doesn't make a difference to me :p), kill cam on and off, 1 or more rounds etc.

I do prefer killcam off, not especially because it reveals the position of the killer in a cheating manner (it does the same when I kill, and also, anyone knows that it is not the smartest thing to stay put camping at the same spot for long, you have to switch positions regularly, it doesn't have to be far, just enough to keep up the element of surprise), but because I have lost count of the number of spawns I have missed because of the slow zoom cam. :mad:

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the kind words about server guys TOGA thanks you and your welcome :)

=TOGA= Gypsy is my in game name if you see me on there say hello

RE: PB we turned if off as it sometimes causes higher pings and lag when it works better with larger player numbers it will be turned back on.

RE: custom maps when the redirct is fixed we will start using them hopefully it wont be long TWI ? any idea on time scale on this ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the kind words about our server guys :)

It bugs me too that we are running without pb, but everytime we turn it on, it causes soo much lag for a lot of our regular players and this is something we have never fully got to the bottom of. Even TWI can't find a reason why. The servers hardware is excellent so go figure :confused:

It looks like we may have just had a crash for the first time in ages, so it needs populating, but I see steam is having some "issues" right now.

For those who do play on our server, please feel free to come on TS anytime you wish. Just join and jump to the RO2 Public channel as the non-public channels are protected.

Also please join servers steam group if you have any feedback and to keep up-to-date with changes that may include when we get custom maps on (when the redirect issue is sorted):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TOGA-RO2

Thanks and see you on the battlefield :)

Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
Adamant[PT]

Aha, another name I recognise from the server! Had some good games, both with and against :)

I miss the :IS2::IS2:

Me too - I only started tanking recently on Ogledow on the 50pc server, and have really enjoyed the limited time I've spent doing it :) I'm rubbish at it, but it's still damn good fun :) Probably wouldn't take the spot on a full pub server though, unless one was going spare.

Upvote 0