• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Theatres of War

Exactly. I even took AP European History in high school and we never covered the Spanish Civil War.

I'm sorry you didn't get to cover it at school but one of the great things about the RO community is they're pretty clued up historically.

I chose the Spanish Civil War because a) the question was what you would like to see next and that's what I'd like to see b) you can see the SCW as a dry run for WWII, so it's not as if you have to change too much in the game and c) the load outs were quite similar which would make for good gameplay.

And it would be bolt action heaven!

Upvote 0
Wouldn't work..
"King Gay Un" NK glorious leader would simply give 50.000 kids a new PC and order them to fight for NK or die trying.
They would sit in a big arena with officers behind them ready to "delete" the loser's.
But he probably can't afford or get his filthy hands on anything over Pentium 386 and in that case! I'm all for it :D

Seriously.. I think Korea would be a Hit. ( its been suggested many times before )

lol I can see that happening he's a nutcase. Korea would be a great mix between WW2 and Vietnam IMO

Upvote 0
if i had to pick one it would be North Africa and Italy

because this not only offers infantry & tank only maps as well as combined ops but brings in the option to easly make other maps with the forces this would bring in brits & US, canada, australia etc and the option to re-skin the models to add other countries fairly easly and adds italian forces to the axis side.

opens up for battles like Monte Cassino, the seige of torburk, kasserine pass. anzio, with american troop etc this campain has it all beach landings desert warfare, mountains the works the possabilites are endless

and with re-skins as weapons would be there operation market garden, the march into german, battle of the bulge etc

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Obscure?? As far as music and literature goes its one of the most well covered/referenced wars of the century, but yet to see a single videogame adaptation. Whether you find it unappealing or not is your own opinion, I seem to remember allot of people saying exactly the same about how an eastern front WW2 game would never work because "most gamers" only wanted to play US vs Germany.

God this would be awesome if TW decided to make campaign a key multiplayer mode, its something with allot of untapped potential and Market garden would be the ideal scenario for that.

I remember Battlefield 1942 did a Market Garden map that was quite hilarious and that when you spawned as an allied you spawned literally out of the blue with a parachute :)

Upvote 0
if i had to pick one it would be North Africa and Italy

because this not only offers infantry & tank only maps as well as combined ops but brings in the option to easly make other maps with the forces this would bring in brits & US, canada, australia etc and the option to re-skin the models to add other countries fairly easly and adds italian forces to the axis side.

opens up for battles like Monte Cassino, the seige of torburk, kasserine pass. anzio, with american troop etc this campain has it all beach landings desert warfare, mountains the works the possabilites are endless

and with re-skins as weapons would be there operation market garden, the march into german, battle of the bulge etc

Again Battlefield 1942 - the monte cassino map was awesome :)

Upvote 0
My picks in order or preference:

1) Korea - TWI proved their mettle tackling un-gameable theaters with Rising Storm, they could do it again with Red Orchestra 3: Heroes of Chosin. They'd instantly corner the market on Korean War games!

2) World War I western (or eastern??) front. Yes I know Grabenkrieg is coming... well RS was once just an idea for a mod too. Maybe adopt G-krieg too, and make it happen.

3) Italy/Mediterranean

Upvote 0
I say let Tripwire and the RS team focus on that and we gather some modders to work on some of these ideas. That or help finish the other mods than start a new one. You all have really cool ideas but I'd prefer to see Grabenkrieg, In Country, and Karelian Front out before we keep going. If we were to go with the first idea, Korea would probably be the best option to start with. Most of the weaponry is already in RO2 and RS. We'd need new character models, voice acting, maps, and some other weapons but that would be the easiest to pull off by the looks of things. First release factions would include North and South Koreans as well as the Americans and Chinese. Thoughts? I like the second option more but if you guys really want to see this stuff, you better start working on it now.

Upvote 0
most FPS gamers don't have much historical knowledge of wars besides WWII and any wars involving America.

This is true, but it is more a failure of the rapidly deteriorating US public education system than anything else though. There is really no reason to base your games on the lowest common denominator just for the sake of profit. I mean, look at RO, it has been doing fine despite having absolutely zero to do with the good ol' US of A. Did it outsell Battle of Duty, Modern Field. No. But it never will.

I personally support a Burma campaign, followed by Manchuria, and then Italy/Korea. I like the thought of newer technology in a Korea game, but for a game where our technology is essentially limited to the weapons the soldier carries, the Southeast Asia theater itself I think would be more interesting from the British perspective in Burma. Especially if you can get some of the more exotic regional/Commonwealth weapons worked in.

Upvote 0
Personally I miss the western front/European theater in WWII games.

that was about all you had in the late 90's, when the "WWII shooter" craze was going on, but since early 2000's they have largely been forgotten about now.

Since Rising Storm has the Americans they already have access to the American guns and things.

They would just need to put in some good maps, like some battlefields from France, Holland, etc

Upvote 0
Personally I miss the western front/European theater in WWII games.

that was about all you had in the late 90's, when the "WWII shooter" craze was going on, but since early 2000's they have largely been forgotten about now.

Since Rising Storm has the Americans they already have access to the American guns and things.

They would just need to put in some good maps, like some battlefields from France, Holland, etc

I distinctly remember Western Front WWII shooters being the craze from around 2000 to 2005. I definitely look forward to some Western Front maps in this game though. I'd love for the franchise to cover all the major theaters of WWII.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see some battles with some battleships in the sea and people on the ships driving and shooting while having a Japanese/ German fleet. Once the Allies/ Axis powers fleet gets decimated then that team no longer has artillery available. Epic battles at sea and all the while some epic battles on land going on at the same time. Constant artillery from battle ships going on and what not. Maybe some rides in land on boats packed with men while artillery from land hitting the water/ explosions etc... While keeping it realistic to actual events of the war.

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0