• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The XM-21 and PAX Reminder!

I'm very eager to see some gameplay footage at last. :D
From the looks of it people are not allowed to record or post the PAX footage online, since there's nothing to be seen on youtube. We'll just need to be patient and wait for Tripwire to release some footage, i guess.
Same! I'm refreshing the youtube search every couple of hours.

Judging by the gameplay seen in the pcgamer interview the HUD is quite decent and minimalstic. I like that. Combined with customization this will be fantastic.

I've recognized some elements of RO2 like the first person sprint animation and people are recognizing american voices of RS which are still subject to change.

The support of an 8v8 mode from the beginng is really great too! I don't know why s&d failed in RO2/RS. It was really fun in my opinion and I really miss it.

Upvote 0
My main question after seeing memo for new players:
Smaller maps will be available only for new Skirmish or also for regular TE mode, where all CWs are played?

Some sharp eyes noticed flamethrower in Pc gamer interview. Which classes get this? Are there more new weapons, which haven't been highlighted so far?

Upd In the same interview was a small piece of gameplay with VC setting booby trap. Will US get something similar, e.g claymores?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We're likely to support territory mode on the smaller maps too, but we're also keen not to include anything we don't think is any fun. The simple answer is: if it's good, then yes.

US has an 'Engineer' class w/ the Flamethrower right now. Flamethrower handling has been tweaked since RS1, particularly in that you move much more slowly and that it has recoil befitting of what is essentially a high-pressure hose.

US will have stuff that opposes those booby traps (VC had both MD-82 Mines and Tripwire traps in the PAX Build), but it might not be so direct as equivalent US munitions.

Weapons in the PAX Build were:

NLF (Vietcong):

Guerrilla:
Type-56 OR SKS-45 OR MN1891/30
TT-33
Type 67 Grenade x2

Scout:
MAT-49 OR IZH-43
TT-33
Type 67 Grenade
Tripwire Trap x2
RGD-1 Smoke Grenade

Machine Gunner:

RPD LMG
TT-33
Type 67 Grenade

Sniper:
SVD
TT-33

Sapper:
SKS-45 OR PPSh-41
TT-33
MD-82 Mine x5

RPG:
MAT-49 OR IZh-43
TT-33
RPG-7 (3 rockets)

US:

Grunt:

M16A1 or M14
M1911A1
M61 Grenade x2

Pointman:
M3A1 Grease Gun
M1911A1
M61 Grenade
M8 Smoke Grenade x2

Machine Gunner:
M60 GPMG
M1911A1
M61 Grenade x1

Marksman:
XM21
M1911A1

Combat Engineer:
M9 Flamethrower
M1911A1

Grenadier:
M79 Grenade Launcher
M1911A1

Bear in mind this is far from the final weapon list, it's just the stuff we included in this build. Classes, loadout options and weapon list are all certain to change substantially during testing.

Upvote 0
That's weird. Even the most obscure video game titles will have someone recording footage at an open gameplay event. Not Rising Storm 2, though ? That's hard to believe not a single person (you must've had hundreds of visitors) recorded some gameplay to put it on you tube...

Anyway, I have one quick question:

Does the gamemode showcased have any historical framework/reference ?
In the sense that players are fighting over historically sensible objectives and at historically plausible locations ?

Does it have more substance or is it just a randomly placed team deathmatch type of thing ?

Cheers

Upvote 0
if anybody has questions about what was in the build, we can answer them here for now :)
ok here i go:

a.) is the killfeed ON or OFF by default?
b.) is there a small delay on the killfeed by default? (3-5 seconds?)
c.) is the killfeed also customizable? (size,all or only my kills?)

i would love to see this by default: killfeed ON with a small 3 or 5 sec. delay.

because RO/RS had always the killfeed on,and the delay,well it just adds a small tension/mystery and that "did i get him?!?" moment to the kill,which makes the game even better.:cool:

Upvote 0
RE: The footage thing - the game was queued out all weekend, from what I hear. People may have taken footage at PAX and just not uploaded it yet, I don't know. They may also have been too focused on playing rather than filming. We'll be able to show more stuff later this week.

The game-mode is called 'Skirmish', it's generally set in small areas based on locations and accounts of where low-level combat would have occurred (things like patrol vs. patrol size engagements). The two maps in the PAX build were a Vietcong jungle camp & an American Firebase.

For such small-level engagements they tend to be based on historical reference than on a specific engagement, just because those types of encounters are so small that they don't exactly have oodles of reference material from which we can accurately recreate them. Rest assured we'll still have maps that are based directly on historical encounters and battles, though.

Do vehicles such as those that are unusable blow up when hit by an RPG or a grenade launcher?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHO2j6hzxh0&feature=youtu.be
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116558

It would be very weird if they don't in this day and age.

Vehicles aren't quite as volatile as that mod (or Michael Bay movies) would have you believe.

Utek -

a.) I expect the default will be 'on', just because it's a little easier on new players.
b.) Yup
c.) Yup, content plus things like size and opacity.

Upvote 0