• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

Prediction: One year anniversary update. The 14th even falls on a Friday and corresponds with the Mac release. It's like the stars have aligned. If you don't get an update then, I don't know what will happen.

well that's what we all thought about ROHOS news for the 4 year anniversary of RO and it's perfect timing in march with the GDC......that failed pretty badly. hopefully KF will have a cooler birthday party!!

oh omar, you forgot options 4 and 5:

4.) Play RO and rape danzig nubs
5.) Play L4D2 and thank God TW has amazing weapon modelers

Upvote 0
come on candlejack l4d2 isn't THAT bad :D

btw, the only reason why i've been playing it is because a clan member gifted it to me (how nice of him) to play it with my co-leader and 5-6 other clan members for some fun until KF gets updated or HOS ever gets released.

tbh, the game isn't that bad at least better than i expected, but the lobby/server/matchmaking system is terrible and there's a ton of douches playing in pub games. plus the guns an quite inferior to what TW has produced in RO and KF.

Upvote 0
IF you mean a community patch, then that would be illegal. I heard somebody or few ppl offered a community patch to TWI and were banned from the forums, I'm not sure if this is true though.

That is false, and even worse, insane.... Why would we possibly ban people for modding KF? Anybody who got banned got banned for breaking the rules. And nobody has ever offered up a community patch (I can't find word of one if such a thing exists).

Upvote 0
Sorry, let me rephraze that... I mean a patch as in modifying the dll's, official content, addons, et cetera. And the thing I said about somebody offering TWI a patch was something I heard a long time ago from one of my friends.
PS: I over-exagerated a bit in the previous post.
PSPS: Did you mean update KF as in make an addon pack? Cuz there is a project going on called The Fall of Britannia of which you might want to consider joining.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is false, and even worse, insane.... Why would we possibly ban people for modding KF? Anybody who got banned got banned for breaking the rules. And nobody has ever offered up a community patch (I can't find word of one if such a thing exists).

There's a plan to have a a community patch-esque thing called 'Fall of Brittania' basically it focuses on choosing a few maps that feel realistic, and are of a good quality. KF-MetroRoute is a good example of this, apocalyptic and essentially British style of map.

Upvote 0
Sorry, let me rephraze that... I mean a patch as in modifying the dll's, official content, addons, et cetera.

This is a little out of scope. The content modifications are one thing, they can be done locally but Steam and multiplayer verification prevents widespread distro unless they're merged into the Steam build. Engine modifications however are impossible without the UE source (not uscript) or at least the headers, and those aren't public.

Upvote 0