• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The people who post gameplay videos on Youtube SUCK at this game lol

mbrooksay

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
Auburn, NY
I played Red Orchestra when it came out ten years ago. I was in a clan called {CoreNA} and went by Brooks or Brooksenhaussen. Hate to brag, but not really, i was one of the better players all around the community. This was 10 years ago now. If anybody knows anyone from that clan or era hit me up!

i had to quit playing though. The bullet lag killed me. It was relative to your ping. You could shoot at the ground and not see your bullet be registered until a noticeable amount of time later. So you had to lead people for lag and yada yada. It was a Unreal engine problem. Gears of War had the same issue.

anyways, a few months ago somebody on facebook told me that Red Orchestra 2 eventually fixed this issue. I was BEYOND STOKED to hear this news.

now i just ordered a custom PC yesterday. Nvidia titan x graphics card, 32 gb ballistix ddr4 2400 ram, i7700k processor, 1 tb m.2 solid state drive. Got a 34" curved ultra wide monitor coming. I went full nerd.

i started looking into getting RO2 only to find out theres an expansion called Rising Storm, then i found out about Rising Storm 2, and that its in a closed beta. How ****ing awesome is that! I am beyond pumped to play this ****ing game! I want in this beta so bad its crazy. Havent been this excited about a shooter in years! I miss PC gaming and i finally built myself a dream machine. Spent my whole life with half-assed PCs. Its on!

Im so glad Tripwire is still making these realistic shooters i loved ten years ago! I always wished theyd do a more modern shooter with the same fundamentals of RO and my wish came true!

with all that being said, ive been obsessively watching gameplay videos of Rising Storm 2, and these guys playing suck! I cringe everytime these fools run out in the open. They watch teammates get wasted around them and have absolutely no awareness of where the enemy might be and do not know how to move in an out of cover.

i cannot wait to play this game and jump into this mix. Like i said... super ****ing pumped. I love you tripwire. Please for the love of God i need to get into this final beta wave. And if i dont, i pray for a quick release!

looks like a real hit they got going on here!

see yall on the battlefield!

There are two reasons influencing this.

1. Demonstration Effect
This is not exclusive to streaming/recording by the way, but it goes in the same direction. When you want to demonstrate something, you have a shifted focus. Maybe you want to show some nice artillery effects and that is why you end up in placed that will get your killed, or you are maybe not exactly contributing to the battle.

2. Time investment
There are people you could call "professional" streamers. Those people may get their main income, partly or fully with that stuff. That means they have to spend more time "working" and it also means they usually cant just focus on a single game.

You can also still play "bad" while not streaming or recording. This is especially the case when you are new to a game.

Upvote 0
mbrooksay;n2289403 said:
I played Red Orchestra when it came out ten years ago. I was in a clan called {CoreNA} and went by Brooks or Brooksenhaussen. Hate to brag, but not really, i was one of the better players all around the community. This was 10 years ago now. If anybody knows anyone from that clan or era hit me up!

Maybe you didn't look close enought, there's a bunch of good players on youtube !

Like this channel :

About Rs2 you have to remember it's in a beta phase which means not everyone are involve in the game yet. And the game is quite different than ro2, the feeling is not the same.

Upvote 0
1conu59;n2289423 said:
Maybe you didn't look close enought, there's a bunch of good players on youtube !

Like this channel :

About Rs2 you have to remember it's in a beta phase which means not everyone are involve in the game yet. And the game is quite different than ro2, the feeling is not the same.

Ill be checking it out, thanks!

never played RO2 but i can definitely tell from the videos i watched that it has a different feel from RO at least

Upvote 0
I remember {CoreNA} from playing ROOST, hardcore clan, tended to win everything in the ladder if I remember rightly.:mad:

RS2V looks great, I have also been obsessively watching the vids, totally agree about the youtubers - I find myself shouting at the screen sometimes..."yes, that's right, keep running across dead ground and then complain that the game is really hard and you die alot.., numbnuts."
(Notable exception being Shermanator - his vids might give you a better feel for how the game will play for you)

I just can't wait to get my hands on this game, it got me excited about the RO series again (I hated RO2 but thats just my opinion). I love that they are the first studio to get helicopter sounds right in an fps game - LOUD. The immersion factor seems to be huge in this game which I love. But most of all, I just want to get my hands on the M60 full auto and empty the mag into a building as my squadmates attack it. Brrrrrrrr:p....

Upvote 0