• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC The Patriarch is cheating on Zed Island

GoodOl'RoboClaus

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2015
Code flaw

Haven't tried to reproduce, due to time constraints and effort involved.

2 Separate incidents. 1) the Patriarch healed in the second and third stage without moving on, for a total of 5 heals in the boss fight. 2) The Patriarch ran off the map into a zed spawning zone to heal.

Play Solo Offline
Survival, ZED Island, Normal, Short.
Rae Higgins, Default Head (Black), Default Dress (Rose Red), Visage de Poupee (Doll Face).
Berserker 25, Skirmisher, Vampire, Resistance, Smash, Berserker Rage.

1) Wave 2 I bought the katana, sold the crovel, and autofilled every wave. I was light attacking the Patriarch and cut him down to stage 2, where he would run off and I would give chase until he would stop to heal and I would attack him endlessly. During stage 2, I got ZED time and he tried to turn to run and then healed himself without going down a stage. This replicated on stage 3. On stage 4, when he turned to run, he instead attacked, but away from me, not making contact.
2) I auto filled everywave, bought and sold nothing. During the patirarch wave, I chased him down every time he ran to heal, and going to stage 4, he ran to the right of the crashed plane and past where I could see him. There he healed and minigunned me when he saw me, from out of bounds.

Thank you for the report!

I found out that the fear induced by the Berserker's special ability will some times cause the Patriarch to heal if he is <50% health. I'm guessing it considers him 'fleeing' from the player, so when he snaps out of it, he does a check to see if he needs to heal (he normally heals after fleeing from a player when low on health) and unfortunately, he thinks he does lol.

As for the other bug, we'll see if we can improve it.

Upvote 0