• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the paradoxon problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruprecht

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2006
Ulm
the paradoxon problem.

when youre able to travel back in time, would you be able to make Fu. Svedberg explain why he locked "the plane problem thread"? and would you be able to future post in "the plane problem" thread, even if it would contain only legal (regarding to forum rules) statements, as before?
or would the chaos theorie make another mod lock it?

it will have no effet on you, as youre allreay in the past.

if its possible, someone else will construct the machine, sooner or later.
----
what if you travel back and tell the people how to construct a time machine? and be therefrom able to travel back in the future?

That's one thing I always thought. Once your there, your there regardless of what you do. You could go back five minutes and shoot yourself before you went back, and still be there.

Upvote 0
I got the feeling that the Mods/Admins here are amongst the most restrictive - i.e. most dictatorial and counter free-speech - I've ever seen in forums.
Restrictive up to that point that they get (imo in fact) ridiculous sometimes.

What's the point of an OT forum where many threads get closed because a discussion emerges i.e. the thread becomes OT?
Another thing I do not understand: Why do you close threads while only a few people annoy in those threads?
Wouldn't it be better - especially in an educational way considering that some people here are not that old or not that mature - that those people who disturb discussions are "punished" one way or the other like read only for some days, or an admonition?

Upvote 0
yes, the efforts on keeping the forum "clean" are visible.

from some other forums i visit here and there i saw a solution that is the best in my opinion, in fiding a compromise between moderation and freedom of speech, wich is always hard to find. as its understandable that the forum has a general topic. buts also to see that where a bounch of meanings collide the discusion may get a little hot, not neccesarily insulting wise, but the argumentation may contain some feelings.

if the thread is OT it goes to the OT section, as soon it gets flamed and there is no stop after a warning, it will be moved to the "troll here" or spam forum, where the people can troll, flame, discuse or whatever else "pointless" thing they want to do. some boards do even exclude the troll section from the search.

strangely, i find this solution rare among the boards i know, wondering why. prohably cause the moderators would need to do a little more as pressing the "lock" button.

Upvote 0
the paradoxon problem.

when youre able to travel back in time, would you be able to make Fu. Svedberg explain why he locked "the plane problem thread"? and would you be able to future post in "the plane problem" thread, even if it would contain only legal (regarding to forum rules) statements, as before?
or would the chaos theorie make another mod lock it?
What exactly was the point of this thread? To complain about a locked thread? Honestly now, why waste your time dwelling on it? I'm sure you could find better things to occupy your time with.

Upvote 0
The plane problem had allready been explained several times during the first 6 pages but continued to over 20 pages (!) and also was starting to just fill up with spam.

if you had any problems with the plane problem and did not accept the explenations (that where correct) given by several users you should go to your nearest university and talk to a mechanics professor so he could explain it for you further.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.