• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

Can someone who has played the beta and has a dual core tell me how it runs? I bold because I want to point out that I'm not interested in more guesstimations from people with high end systems or by people who haven't played the game.

I have a 2.8 ghz Dual Core. If anyone close to that could let me know how it runs for them, i'd be very grateful.

Upvote 0
my setup

my setup

Its hard to find out what spec will you need, and you absolutly cant find out in beta. Here is why. I have i5-750 4core at 3 ghz, ati 5770 (overclocked 900/1350) 4gb ram at 1600.

I play on native resolution 1680x1050 guess how can i run it ? ......

i cant even on low. it probably beta bug, or definetly beta bug. But even when i set low,medium, high i still have low fps ( even when i change to lower resolution)
when i look into ground i have 60 fps.. but when i raise up my head i have like 40-45 fps and sometimes even less. On ultra i can see that sometimes my pc dont make it. But i dont want to play it on ultra. i am cool on medium (settings i use now) i just want to have smooth game.

I hope that developers are well aware of this issue, and hope it will be fixed in later beta ( or at least in final game). Or you will have to change recommended hardware setup.

Upvote 0
Laptop

Win 7 x64
8 gigs RAM
video card: 1GB ATI radeon mobility HD 5650
i5

Thing is I KNOW I can run this game (on some setting), can't even run it on lowest. Borderlands (an unreal 3 game) runs like absolute trash (lowest settings), my system crushes it on specs should be able to max it out (i think). I never had any problems running games, but UR3 I can't do.

HPs auto detect lists a graphics driver, I can't install. (driver being installed is not validated for this computer). Went to the amd site same thing...

I know this isn't the proper topic for this. But I've been pulling my hair out since borderlands.

Which settings SHOULD I be running RO2 at?
and if anyone has an idea of what is wrong with not being able to run UR3 games? any fixes?

Upvote 0
upgr@dz0r

upgr@dz0r

Hey guys (especially who have played the beta already)!

My question is not about whether or not I'll be able to run RO2, but about the pc-upgrade I should be getting. I am the proud owner of a Q6600 processor running @ 2.4 ghz. Never tried overclocking it, but I might consider it now. My graphics card is a HD4870.

As a big RO fan I would really like play the game in it's (almost) full glory. Would buying only a fast graphics card like the 6950 (and maybe a small overclock of the cpu) be enough to enjoy the game on 'high' settings? Or is it wiser to buy a HD6770 and spend some money on a Phenom X4 965?

The resolution I will be playing at is 1680x1050. Anti-aliasing is pretty important to me and I'd rather have a stable FPS-rate at a lower quality than framedrops.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hey guys (especially who have played the beta already)!

My question is not about whether or not I'll be able to run RO2, but about the pc-upgrade I should be getting. I am the proud owner of a Q6600 processor running @ 2.4 ghz. Never tried overclocking it, but I might consider it now. My graphics card is a HD4870.

As a big RO fan I would really like play the game in it's (almost) full glory. Would buying only a fast graphics card like the 6950 (and maybe a small overclock of the cpu) be enough to enjoy the game on 'high' settings? Or is it wiser to buy a HD6770 and spend some money on a Phenom X4 965?

The resolution I will be playing at is 1680x1050. Anti-aliasing is pretty important to me and I'd rather have a stable FPS-rate at a lower quality than framedrops.

Thanks in advance!

judging by this chart:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

and my own q9550 cpu, 5770 1gb card, i can say your cpu should be enough.

I am getting 30-40 fps with occasional drops to 20 when effects galore with everything maxed except shadows high, and in 1920x1080 res.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Now the game is out, I'd appreciate knowing if anyone with similar specs is running RO2? I have:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33ghz
4gb RAM
Nvidia 9600gt 512mb
Vista

I know it is pretty minimal, just don't want to waste cash on a game I can't play.
Is a demo going to come out so we can test our systems?
I can play Arma 2 okay on my system, but maybe RO2 is more intensive...

Thanks.

Upvote 0