• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The next KF update hopes and dreams thread

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
So a number of players have dropped off the radar since a CoD MW2 and a certain other game that will rename nameless (so that the thread does not get closed again) were released. Rather than KF killers I am glad to say at least from my perspective KF has still got legs. So out of interest what rabbits would the community like to see TWI pull out of the hat in the next update?

Personally I

The M14 iron sight is kinda bogus, I agree.
I guess it'd be too OP to shove a scope on it =(

So anyway, I'd like to see more goodies for the Field Medic, Firebug and Berserker. The sub-machine gun for the medic is awesome, I love it, but I'd like to see other options.
Definately more weapons for the Firebug, so that we see molotovs -> current flamethrower(but nerfed) -> new M2A1 Flamethrower(slightly stronger than current).
I'd like to see a riotshield for the Berserker to fish out when FP's come running.

And then the suggestions I've posted in the suggestion forum (still waiting for a mod to approve a load of my posts....)

Upvote 0
My thoughts:

- more balance between perks, so in an ideal world you need to depend on each other more

- a speciman that can pull people away to counter "cornerstacking" (yes just like the smoker...yes cornerstacking is a *beep*-term....but nonetheless it would add to the game)

- more bossfights against special bosses with or without normal specimen ...maybe there is room for a semi-boss between rounds...could by kind of random maybe?

- a bit more game-lore, i want more story!

- a new gamemode where you have to progress through a level on a more or less linear route, maybe add some objectives

- love for firebug

- more diversity in the voices

- more of everything is needed, like horst schl

Upvote 0
Well some new weapons that somehow burn for the firebug along with a sharpshooter nerf and a berserker buff to make the 2 weakest perks fun to play again would be nice.

The ability to go into first person mode while spectating would make this look more professional.

Not sure if that's ever gonna happen but making the non-first-person player animations work propperly so it's not an all over the place mess (especially when using melee weapons) would be nice.

The zeds need to be made a bit stronger somehow too so 'hard' is no longer the new 'normal' and 'suicidal' is what the name says.

Oh and (ammo) price balancing. I only say crossbow.

Upvote 0
Well some new weapons that somehow burn for the firebug along with a sharpshooter nerf and a berserker buff to make the 2 weakest perks fun to play again would be nice.

The ability to go into first person mode while spectating would make this look more professional.

Not sure if that's ever gonna happen but making the non-first-person player animations work propperly so it's not an all over the place mess (especially when using melee weapons) would be nice.

The zeds need to be made a bit stronger somehow too so 'hard' is no longer the new 'normal' and 'suicidal' is what the name says.

Oh and (ammo) price balancing. I only say crossbow.

Good post as always 9_6.

But I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to see:

- Balancing of perk ie no perk should be a must like the sharpshooter is atm

- a boost to berserker

- a better flamethrower for firebug

- the Law rocket added to demolitions and improved in damage to make it a weapon that has a use in the game.

- a general crossbow nerf

- a viable alternative to the crossbow (could be the law), right now it is a must have for FPs/Scrakes on suicidal which makes the game repetative in the same way as the firebug only having one weapon

- fixing ammo prices so that buying a new weapon is not the best way to get ammo refill for certain weapons

- more perks

- bodyguards for patriarch - maybe some ranged new ones?

Upvote 0
The M-14's cumbersome iron sights are the drawback that balances out its laser sight. Personally, I'd rather use the rifle than the M-14; laser sights don't help at all when I'm aiming for the head.

It's hard to get excited at the prospect of new weapons anymore. Any new additions would just be stronger versions of what already exists, and I'm fine with the strength of current weapons. KF already has a weapon (if not multiple) for every firing mode there is, which means new items should be in a new category: new grenades, new types of body armor, boost items (like medkits/pills/adrenaline in L4D2), etc.

Upvote 0
My thoughts:

- more balance between perks, so in an ideal world you need to depend on each other more

- a speciman that can pull people away to counter "cornerstacking" (yes just like the smoker...yes cornerstacking is a *beep*-term....but nonetheless it would add to the game)

- more bossfights against special bosses with or without normal specimen ...maybe there is room for a semi-boss between rounds...could by kind of random maybe?

- a bit more game-lore, i want more story!

- a new gamemode where you have to progress through a level on a more or less linear route, maybe add some objectives

- love for firebug

- more diversity in the voices

- more of everything is needed, like horst schl

Upvote 0
Bug Fixes-
Slow connection
Inability to connect for some users
Random level 0 perk bug
Connect as spectate/can't switch to active team bug
Zeds getting stuck in doorways

Tweaks-
Sharpshooter: M14 ammo reduced drastically, inaccurate fire when not using ironsights (small spread instead of pinpoint/gun bob'n'weave)
Demolitions: Pipebombs explode if stacked or within X radius of eachother to prevent spam and player-trippable
Medic: See health bar deplete by color (Green healthy -> Red critical)

Content:
Dedicated voice for each character
Addition of a female character (or two, or three) + non-innuendo voices
New mid-game miniboss (Matriarch? Zed spewing tentacle beast/hive queen)
Progressive story campaign showing how this all happened

Perk content:
Medic- Riot shield to protect self while healing (Breaks, but +durability for medic)
Commando- EMP decloaking nades (Stuns zeds in radius and removes cloak on stalkers/Patriarch)
Firebug- Flare pistol with explosive rounds (Shoot single target, shell explodes igniting nearby zeds and causing splash damage from shrapnel)

That's just about all I can think of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bug fixes-

-Grenade bug fix
-Arming/disarming range on M79/M32 fix
-Hang ups while loading new map fix

Balance-

-Increase base price of all T3 weapons
-Reduce the # of mags you can carry with the M14
-Reduce either damage per shot or ROF for the M14
-Restore chainsaw to full power (if there was a nerf). Leave the change to the alt attack.
-Reduce the base power of the Xbow. Non-SS should not be one-shotting Scrakes and FPs on hard.
-Revisit Melee weapon damage, characteristics and price scale.
-Revisit Berzerker and Firebug, and increase their usefulness and fun factor.

Additions-

-New, boss-level specimen type
-New Firebug weapon

This isn't L4D2. Corner stacking is a monumentally bad idea in KF, and doesn't even work the same. Players collide and shot block. And the way damage works on higher difficulties, a specimen that could pull players out into the horde would be an automatic death sentence for that player. Do not want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
perk balancing would be a good idea...

i believe demo perk needs a nerf in ammunition... yes... it is a demo perk... but they seem to have so much ammo that i literally see ppl shooting a grenade at a single clot... not that shooting specimens are realistic... but having demo shoot explosives as if they are regular bullets is a bit ridiculus...

i think i'd find it more acceptable that demo still relies mostly on regular guns then mostly on a grenade launcher... explosives should be powerful but rare and expensive... making it strategic to use.. as opposed to a spam fest...

some price balacing woudl also be good... the pipebombs are too powerful and yet the discount given are so high that i constantly see accumulated pipebombs all over the map after a certain number of waves...

of coz that's only my opinion...

Upvote 0
If find the ammo capacity on the M79 to be just about perfect. I've got enough ammo to shoot a few singles, only shoot groups, and then go all out at some point. Doing that I usually run out of ammo after the wave is 90% complete...which seems about right to me.

On the hand, I have to try and empty my ammo with the M32, usually by overkill on scrakes and FPs.

Upvote 0
Bug fixes-

-Grenade bug fix
-Arming/disarming range on M79/M32 fix

-Hang ups while loading new map fix

Balance-

-Increase base price of all T3 weapons

-Reduce the # of mags you can carry with the M14
-Reduce either damage per shot or ROF for the M14
-Restore chainsaw to full power (if there was a nerf). Leave the change to the alt attack.
-Reduce the base power of the Xbow. Non-SS should not be one-shotting Scrakes and FPs on hard.
-Revisit Melee weapon damage, characteristics and price scale.
-Revisit Berzerker and Firebug, and increase their usefulness and fun factor.

Additions-

-New, boss-level specimen type
-New Firebug weapon

This isn't L4D2. Corner stacking is a monumentally bad idea in KF. The way damage works on higher difficulties, a specimen that could pull players out into the horde would be an automatic death sentence for that player. Do not want.

1) The disarm distance is a feature meant to keep you from blowing yourself up, it also exists in the real world versions of those weapons
2) On hard servers, and some normal, most people get the T3 weapons around wave 5 or 6, which is right about where they should be.
3) How can you reconcile a carbon steel shaft piercing something's skull and not finishing it off? Every game needs an AWP and the crossbow is it. The 40 bolt ammo max means that if you are playing normal or above, you have to ration your shots and save them for things like Scrakes and FPs. It's a situational weapon, and keep in mind you can't carry any other weapon with it aside from the defaults.

Upvote 0
This isn't L4D2. Corner stacking is a monumentally bad idea in KF, and doesn't even work the same. Players collide and shot block. And the way damage works on higher difficulties, a specimen that could pull players out into the horde would be an automatic death sentence for that player. Do not want.

Just being in the same general area is making yourself Siren/Husk bait, not to mention limiting mobility and blocking shots!

Upvote 0
1) The disarm distance is a feature meant to keep you from blowing yourself up, it also exists in the real world versions of those weapons
Duh. My point is it's not consistent. I've died at PBR and left nothing but smoke trails at PBR. One or the other.

2) On hard servers, and some normal, most people get the T3 weapons around wave 5 or 6, which is right about where they should be.
Try Wave 2 or 3 for those playing the perk, and wave 5 or 6 for those not playing the perk in some cases. My group regularly buys weapons at discount and tosses them to non-perk players. There's a glut of T3 weapons early in the game, and it's made the game a lot easier. Prior to the update, the first 5 waves were fairly boring once you know what you're doing. Now, it's the first 7 waves. Which leads me to...

It's sucked a lot of the tension out of the game when I haven't even said "scrake!" before a SS pops its head off. Screw reality, we're fighting zombies. I'm more interested in fun and in a challenge, and I'm getting less of both since the hit box changes and whatever other tweaks they've made. I know SS (correction: everyone!) feel really good about themselves now that they can head shot those two specimen just like all the others with the Xbow...but I think it's come at the cost of the game being challenging. I prefer scrakes and FPs to require an entire team's effort to take down...and not one of the FOUR SS playing on the server at the time.

And FWIW, that red doesn't make your text any easier to read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0