• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The most pathetic review I have ever read

One line stood out to me the most
(RO2)... makes virtually no attempt to accommodate new players.
Now that doesn't sound right given my personal experience.

I've never played the Red Orchestra series until RO2, AND I use a controller to play the game. I know I'm not the greatest player, but I am certainly a good asset to any team.

The beginning of the campaign taught me the basics, and within 2 hours of play online I learned to look up, then the real fun began.

Upvote 0
"sniper-haven maps...everyone snaps up all the sniper classes...you get sniped instantly...no effective anti-sniper solution...Snipers are still a problem here...plagued by snipers"

ZL7NG.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate to say it - but if they did update Day of Defeat 3.1 I would have been back there in a flash - back in the day alot of us regarded RO1 as a poor cousin when the WON network was down. This games pace is just too slow. I can forgive the rest - but running for 10 minutes only to get KAR'ed in the leg by a prone rifleman in some rubble at your feet is less than entertaining.

Also one tank per side? Can't we have 4 or something? Didn't they have RPGs? Theres so much work still to be done on this....and with MW3 and Battlefield 3 on the horizon I worry about the playerbase for this game :(.

I am not expecting a perfect game for 40 bucks - but I would expect it to be better than DoD (10 dollars) which it isn't for me.

OMG what a bunch of haters - what was there not to like in my post?! I swear we should be able to see WHO gives bad rep so we can return the favour.
RPGs...no. LOL. Later in the war the Germans used Panzerfausts and Panzerschrecks.

Upvote 0
''I personally have enjoyed many ultra realistic shooters. I spent hours with Day of Defeat''

I spent hours with Day of Defeat
ultra realistic shooters

I must be having a nightmare...KILL ME!

no don't i want to watch him suffer more. :p
on a serious note wtf is this guy wrtieing it doesn't even make sense all the time. also trolling while reviewing a game. this guy doesn't deserve to get payed for his reviewed if he gave this to a game he doesn't know anything about. do your research is part of the job. :( now while i proceed to tuck myself in the corner and cry like a little girl i give you this and/or this. :p

Upvote 0
I lol'd so hard when he said ULTRA REALISTIC SHOOTERS LIKE DAY OF DEFEAT.................................................seriously, day of defeat? Ultra realistic? ROFL

It was basically counter-strike in ww2.

This reviewer is so god damned bad that I've been trying to contact someone at Machinima to rage out at them about how inaccurate his entire review is. I myself write better reviews than this, I actually study the games and play the games... This guy is either some old idiot who doesn't really enjoy games anymore OR hes a COD fanboy. Can't grasp the concept of realism.

I actually write professionally for a gaming website (not mentioning which one) but this guy is completely outrageous. I hope I can find some sort of contact to try and get this guy in some trouble because he not only makes the game look awful when it isn't, but he also says things are bugs which are features. He's completely wrong about SOOO many things.. He obviously didn't do his homework.

Why TWI did you give this guy a review code, if you didn't GOOD hes probably sour that he had to buy it or something lol.

Upvote 0
A lot of people who aren't in the target audience of this game are going to hate it. For someone who is new to the game and not the type of gamer to enjoy it, this is a pretty legitimate review even if the guy is a bit of a dick.

I would agree with you, if this was a 14 year old writing in his blog.

This is a professional reviewer writing this article, someone who is paid to give an (as much as possible) unbiased review of a game and that includes having correct information. If this guy did this just for fun I think we'd all just laugh at him and say whatever but this is machinima...I used to like them and now I just lost a lot of respect for them.

Not to mention if he hated the game that awful much and just couldn't get it, you hand it off to someone else that can.

Upvote 0
Not sure if i even care i enjoy the game.

Likewise, I enjoy it a great deal. I get my arse handed to me on a plate the most of the time though. It has a steep learning curve but I love it. The Bolt Action Rifles are amazing. Crawling around avoiding HMG rounds flying overhead (thinking of Fallen Heroes Map here). It just adds a feeling of fear to the game, because you can die so easily. I guess it is different for everybody. I'm late to the party in terms of experience on RO. I must have played it on and off for little over a year and DH mod. However it is a great game. I find I need to invest some time in it. The main thing is I enjoy it, a lot.

Upvote 0
I would agree with you, if this was a 14 year old writing in his blog.

This is a professional reviewer writing this article, someone who is paid to give an (as much as possible) unbiased review of a game and that includes having correct information. If this guy did this just for fun I think we'd all just laugh at him and say whatever but this is machinima...I used to like them and now I just lost a lot of respect for them.

Not to mention if he hated the game that awful much and just couldn't get it, you hand it off to someone else that can.

Professional Reviewers and 14 year olds have a lot in common in terms of talent, generally.

But seriously, Red Orchestra in general has very frustrating gameplay to new players and anyone who doesn't allow themselves to be immersed in the setting. People shouldn't be upset or surprised when they see reviews like this, even from big name sites, because the game truly targets niche group.

I certainly don't feel the same way as the reviewer, but I can see why other people feel this way.

Upvote 0
He's too lazy to educate himself on the weaponry of WW2, so he thinks the devs should have to tell him about them. This guy is obviously a retard and has no place reviewing games of this sort. I dislike a few of the things TWI has done with RO2, but this guy went a bit far and overall made a joke of himself.

Upvote 0
Uh...what now?
The reviewer keeps complaining about things of which most are based on his own inaptitude.
You have to hit four buttons in sequence to aim properly? It takes me usually one!
The controls are compicated? Not to me, in fact, I have changed most of the binding to what I'm used to from BC2 (yes, I come from that lineage of "arcade"-gamers :p ). So no, I do not accidentally hit the chat-key while in combat...
And once you know the maps, you don't have to crawl for 5 mins (sheesh..) to get to the action. You just know where you can run and where you just shouldn't.
Sure, it takes some time to learn the maps, but I went through the same learning process in many other games.

There is so much more to point out what is wrong with this review, but I will stop here...

Bottom line: a hipshot of a review without proper substance to it.

btw itzdusty: are you the same itzdusty who is occasionally featured on Gamerdudesters youtube channel playing Shogun 2?

Upvote 0
Professional Reviewers and 14 year olds have a lot in common in terms of talent, generally.

But seriously, Red Orchestra in general has very frustrating gameplay to new players and anyone who doesn't allow themselves to be immersed in the setting. People shouldn't be upset or surprised when they see reviews like this, even from big name sites, because the game truly targets niche group.

I certainly don't feel the same way as the reviewer, but I can see why other people feel this way.

I find that offensive, I do any review that I write with every bit of professionalism I can. I always do my research on the game if I'm not sure about a lot of things in it etc. I know I'm a 10x better reviewer than that clown and I'm proud of it, that guy doesn't deserve that job, there are far many more people out there talented enough to take his position and do it well. I've been in the gaming press for quite a few years now and I've seen a lot of crooked ****.. I just hope it changes sometime soon.

Reactions: vyyye
Upvote 0
Its obvious that this reviewer was (as my son says) getting owned

Niche games don't always get consistent reviews its like making a guy who hates sports review a sports game.RO has always had a learning curve and will make people rage when they first play.Until they learn how to play and be effective and adjust to the realism style.

Many of the rage posts we see on these forums is from people getting their A** kicked in game then come to the forums to vent their frustration.

"Even the best players will die a lot in RO its just the nature of war"

Upvote 0