• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Mosin Nagant

It's not hard to understand why somebody would want to use the M38 over the M91/30, especially for close-in fighting. Regular 91/30s are unusually long rifles and are an absolute pain in the rear to maneuver indoors. Especially with that foot-long spike fixed at the end.

If RO2 still has weapon collision with the world, that shortened length advantage will be even more valuable.

Upvote 0
the only thing that changes with bayonet folder = control due to less weight at the fore end.

Actually, no.

It changes the barrel harmonics, which will result in the M44 (with bayonet folded) shooting roughly 20cm to the left at 100m.

AFAIK all mosins were zeroed with bayo extended, not just m44.
But I could be wrong

Correct.

Upvote 0
flogger, pretty sure not by a significant amount!

the only thing that changes with bayonet folder = control due to less weight at the fore end.

and that's another idea!!

(folded bayonet = different point of impact)

=)

Actually, no.

It changes the barrel harmonics, which will result in the M44 (with bayonet folded) shooting roughly 20cm to the left at 100m.

This. Lemon speaks the truth.

Upvote 0
It's not hard to understand why somebody would want to use the M38 over the M91/30, especially for close-in fighting. Regular 91/30s are unusually long rifles and are an absolute pain in the rear to maneuver indoors. Especially with that foot-long spike fixed at the end.

If RO2 still has weapon collision with the world, that shortened length advantage will be even more valuable.

If that is the case, I will be using the longer rifle and in close quarters combat, I will just wait around a corner for someone to come along around it and politely walk into the bayonet, killing themselves for me. In all seriousness, I will probably be using the 91/30 most of the time, but on a map that has a lot more close quarters combat going on, I'll probably use the M38 if it's there.

Upvote 0
Russian Bayonet = Dull Flat Head screwdriver... At least the M44 I saw had a dull one.

Not that dull, ive cut my hand plenty of times whilst carrying it reversed on my 91/30.
I would like to see proper carrying of the bayonet modelled. In the Red Army it is an offence to take the bayonet off your weapon, therefore its carried reversed when not in use. In RO:OST your bayonet appeared from a magical bayonet frog, in reality you should just take it off the end and turn it around.

NOTE: M38 CARBINES WERE ONLY ISSUED TO TECHNICAL TROOPS OR CAVALRY. If you were a ammo carrier or a sapper etc you would have a carbine.

I for one would like to see some 1891 Dragoon nagants, there were still quite a few of these kicking around. Ive seen quite a few photos of militia carrying them in Stalingrad.

Last edited:
Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0
Russian Bayonet = Dull Flat Head screwdriver... At least the M44 I saw had a dull one.

This. Both of the 91/30s and the M44 I owned where rather dull. Maybe when they where new they where sharper, but mine where not that pointy. Simply walking into it won't kill you... it would require a bit of thrust to kill or seriously injure you.

NOTE: M38 CARBINES WERE ONLY ISSUED TO TECHNICAL TROOPS OR CAVALRY. If you were a ammo carrier or a sapper etc you would have a carbine.

I learned something new today. Was it the same with the M44?

perfect!
then with bayonet folded, rifle's point of impact sits 20cm to the left!

model that in game!

There is no point in doing that. Anyone with common sense will have the bayonet extended in order to hit their targets with ease. Folding was just for storage. Keep in mind the M44 won't be in the game regardless. It wasn't used in Stalingrad as it didn't exist until late 1943 and entered full production in 1944. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is no point in doing that. Anyone with common sense will have the bayonet extended in order to hit their targets with ease. Folding was just for storage. Keep in mind the M44 won't be in the game regardless. It wasn't used in Stalingrad as it didn't exist until late 1943 and entered full production in 1944. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

well, there's collision detection now isn't it.. makes a huge diff in CQB. it's like a freakin 1foot long bayo isnt it

Upvote 0