• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The future....

Yawn...Speculation based upon your own personal view is not fact just speculation..So please stop scare mongering as you have no idea what your talking about..
I am an original beta tester from the F&F and you are talking rubbish when talk about "I've heard the other maps are pretty similar".. Apartments (for instance) is the smallest maps in RO2 and is in the beta as a base map to judge performance..

Hehe...yeah right whatever mate....I was told something by a current beta tester.....go to The Wargamer and read the thread....so if you do you will see the beta tester mentioned the maps where pretty similar as far as lacking in flanking etc as it was something that was being griped about....so go see your beta tester mate and tell him...not me.

Upvote 0
Well so far I'm disapointed with RO2...I know it has issues that need to be fixed but I think even game design is skewed...the maps leave no room for manouver or combined ops...and I've heard the other maps are pretty similar..to many game modes and realism modes will split a community which i see being a problem once we have BF3 defects etc etc.

Also we have Iron Front on the way...using the AMRA 2 engine we can pretty much bet it's going for realism...and the gameplay trailers look suerb and the map in the trailer reminds me of some of the old RO maps..all this means compititon for RO2....the game needs to make up it's mind what it is...and stick to it...at the moment it seems to be abit of this and abit of that all stuck together which ha sment it has lost along the way what made RO so special.

I honestly feel Iron Front could well be the game that all the old RO players defect to and if that happens the game would have lost it's core community.

Oh and on another point it's worrying that the SP game isn't being tested....RO bots as we know where pretty poor....is this a sign that the AI isn't upto much....I really wanted to try out the new SP campaign mode to get the feel for the game...

People can and will make their own maps/mods, so no point about being worried! Its an awesome game and will even get more and more awesome! :))

Upvote 0
Tripwire has mentioned several times that once RO2 launches they are getting to work on launching more maps etc.. SO don't expect just 10 maps I'd expect some maps coming down the pipeline within the next month after it comes out, who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get some this month near the end of the month? It won't be paid DLC either we'll get it all for free.

Upvote 0
@last post

hehe :D

*joins a server

"oh cool is this some new map?"

*downloading danzig-supercoolgras-v1.114alpha-germans-with-clean-underpants-Special(insert server name)Mix.beta

oh yeah..

;) OFC looking forward to see community made stuff! But lets see the rest of the official maps before starting to ***** about how small they are.

Upvote 0
2 days into open beta and already a "this game will kill RO2"

I can only hope the forums get a lot less stupefying when all the "realism" people bugger off to Iron Front.

A lot of these posts really make me wonder what reality some people live in, it sure isn't mine.

It doesn't have to so polarized. I think TWI could accommodate most types of players, if they made the array of options wide enough. And I honestly don't think most of the 'realism' people ask for so much. Increased weapon sway and a bigger stamina impact isn;t so much, and could fall under some people's definition of 'hardcore' Especially seeing TWI's history and RO1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It doesn't have to so polarized. I think TWI could accommodate most types of players, if they made the array of options wide enough. And I honestly don't think most of the 'realism' people ask for so much. Increased weapon sway and a bigger stamina impact isn;t so much, and could fall under some people's definition of 'hardcore' Especially seeing TWI's history and RO1.

I Concure...Consider myself a 'Hardcore Realism' player. The maps will be fine just like in RO1, however I think more Weapon Sway and Staminia Impact ( among several other things ) will make the game far more realistic for a good battle.

What has concerned me most for the overall game play of RO2 ( and what I figured would happen ) is that many Beta Testers currently have a greater chance of hitting someone then in RO1...One player mentions he is hitting 5 out of 5 shots with his bolt-rifle ( instead of the acceptable 0-1 out of 5 ).

Keep in mind, there were several thousand rounds of ammo expended per casualty in WWII, and RO2 seems to be on the opposite side of this.

Upvote 0