• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Future of Tanking! (or maybe not?)

The Future of Tanking! (or maybe not?)

• Heavy Tanks (Tiger, KV-1)

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Self Propelled Guns / Tank Destroyers (StuG-III, SU-76)

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • Light Tanks (P-II, P-38(t), T-60, T-26)

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Other Vehicles (Motorbikes, Armoured Cars etc...)

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Japanese and American Tanks (Type 95, Type 97, Stuart, Sherman)

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • More tweaking on current tanks (better balance, bug-fixing, add levelling and/or progression)

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Forget tanks, focus on infantry

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
If we were to get more vehicle's I'd prefer to see choices that help bridge some of the current gaps in gameplay.

For that reason, I like the idea of light or medium SPGs because they would give more viable anti-tank capability to the infantry they'd support, but without themselves being too threatening to the infantry. I think that if implemented correctly, these would provide the best opportunities for interaction with the infantry and vehicles currently in the game.

I don't at all support adding more medium or heavy tanks at this point because I don't see that adding anything new to the gameplay; just more of the same stuff, and it will only widen the interaction gap between infantry and vehicles.

Light tanks or armored cars would also be a good choice because they would integrate better into the infantry focused combat. These would be good choices for maps that otherwise would have no armor (in otherwords, maps that are definitely infantry centric, but where light support would be helpful and current armor choices too impractical), but I would see little benefit to having these in maps alongside the current armor choices.

Upvote 0
Light tanks, SPGs, and light vehicles make the most sense.

Unless large tank maps become more popular adding in heavies doesn't really do anything for the game. From an infantry perspective a Tiger is functionally no different than a PZ4. From an armor perspective engaging a Tiger is functionally equivalent to engaging a PZ4 with the T-70.

On the other hand these other vehicles add some tactical depth and interact with each other and the infantry game in interesting ways.

Upvote 0
And it has the benefit of actually being at Stalingrad as well. I presume you mean the M3 Stuart not the M3 Lee ( mind you there were M3 Lee's in the jungle and Stalingrad as well ) :):IS2:
I did mean the Stuart in this case, but hell, the Russians could get the tomb for seven comrads as well. ;) and hell, even the Emcha and a few M10s as well. if the game goes in to later vehicles...

Upvote 0
The game will probably be dead before any new vehicles get added. How long did it take for transports and 2 new medium tanks came out?

For a good tanking game we're gonna need at least 1 heavy tank per side, 1 assault gun per side, actual decent tanking maps and an overhaul of the damage system.

It ain't never gonna happen, tanking will never be as good as in RO1, and that's a shame.

There's a reason tanking on RO1 is still more popular than in RO2, even though hardly anyone still plays RO1.

Upvote 0
I guess that is it (cant see if the poll is locked), I guess I should have waited till the update came out before making this thread.

Looks like SPGs are the main want, which I guess is the most logical thing considering the content in game right now. I know this does not mean TRIPWIRE SHALT STUG, but I hope its a good indicator to them what people may actually want in the future ;)

Anyhow, cheers for voting! :IS2:

Attachments

• poll.png
    poll.png
    17 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I know it's a pipe dream but I'd like to see a whole new game built around tanks. After playing tanks in RO2 I can't go back to WT or WoT, they are dogsh*t in comparison. Problem is 90% of RO2 players don't like using tanks and there aren't that many tank maps to choose from. It's the only reason I still play nowadays.

Speaking of which, is gumrak EVER going to get fixed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know it's a pipe dream but I'd like to see a whole new game built around tanks. After playing tanks in RO2 I can't go back to WT or WoT, they are dogsh*t in comparison. Problem is 90% of RO2 players don't like using tanks and there aren't that many tank maps to choose from. It's the only reason I still play nowadays.

Speaking of which, is gumrak EVER going to get fixed?

What's wrong with with Gummy?

I would instead ask "IS THROTTLE RESET WHEN SWITCHING SEATS EVER GOING TO FIXED OR MADE MORE INTUITIVE!?"

Upvote 0