• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The first impressions thread

+ The graphics are okay not caring much about them
+ Animations are okay, not caring much about them
+ The cover system seems to be a nice Addition, through blindifre there is a nice option for covered suppression fire
+ Destruction is nice to have (in BC2 its really a nice gimmick for getting rid of Snipers) Would be nice if Tanks could finally run down fences *hint hint*
+ Dialling in of range
+ Alternate iron sights for scoped rifles
+ Improved MG system.
++ Penetration, will change the Way people take cover and thus the Way the game is played.
+++ Squad system.
+ Greatly improved AI.
+ Multiplayer "campaign" of successive maps.
+ Sights come up faster and stay aligned at all times, finally one is able to shoot while crouching without having to rest :)
++++ Tanks, with complete interior and useable viewslits YAY :)
++++ Not being able to leave a Tank
++++ 64 Solt Server = Win
++++ 2 Realismlevels = big Community, relaxed Realism as a step up for people who played BC2 Hardcore for example, and the next step is hardcore realism.

+/- The countdown game mode looks interesting, though i guess it might not be my cup of Tea.
+/- Death message delay, is something i don't care about.
+/- Reconnaissance aircraft, on the one hand its a bit "gamey" but on the other hand it will lead to more Teamplay through people knowing where the enemy is. If one looks on BC2 the red Triangles really help coordinate Firefights.
+/- suppression system. I like heavy Suppression when its coming from MGs, but smaller guns should not have massive Suppressive Effects. The Suppression from the Artillery/Mortar as shown in the Trailer is perfect.

Nitpicking :D
- Dialling in of range is too fast (May change if animations are included), considering that changing the Firemode on the STG44 takes some time, a bit of Animation would be nice, or at least short delay before first change, and quick adjustments afterwards.
- Tanks will be difficult for the community to add due to complexity, though the complexity is cool to have :/

EDIT
- Fire Indicator, is kinda meh, even BC2 doesn't have it. Not that i think it will have a big impac, considering you probably won't surive more than a few shots in a vital Area. If that much at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+ It's Red Orchestra, with better graphics!
+ It's Red Orchestra, with better graphics!
+ Zeroing in at different ranges

- Locking the crew inside the tank
- Recon plane seems way too CoD-ish. I don't care if the information-relay is delayed down the chain of command.
- HUD-layout plus fonts looks gamey. I liked the original RO just the way it was!

? Personally, I am a bit worried that too much focus will be placed on close quarters combat, seeing how the Stalingrad-battle is in focus. I loved the long-range engagements in RO! Hedgehog and Kaukasus were definately the best maps I had the privilege of playing. Then again, I haven't seen very much from the game, and what I have seen has included long(er)-range engagements, so this could just be my own woes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with most of the points, so instead of a list I'll just pick where i disagree with most

+ Recon Planes --> Like the Idea. Think any worries about realism should be addressed in balancing, not whether the feature is in or out. Think it will add a nice layer of gameplay for commander. Assuming people can hide from the recon plane!
+ Bandaging - Think it will add a nice tactical level to infantry play, although the animation seems to fast as is.

- FACES, while the soldiers models are generally good, some of the faces look like wax works. Hard to put the finger on whats wrong with them, but they just seem kind of "off". That said, some of them look fairly human.

- Face centric Menus! This goes back to the last one, since the faces look weird, having faces all over the menus look weird. Also less abstract menus could be cool. Modelled in the game world like in HL2. Or go the opposite direction, and have propganda style, heavily stylised menus, representative of what the government tried to present as the acceptable face of war.

- Teleporting in countdown after caps

- LOCKED IN TANKS. Please no. It makes it seem like you're playing a game if you have magical, unexplained boundaries on what you can do. Total immersion killer. Love that the tank detail is being done to make the experience more immersive. Locking people in tanks will undo most of this benefit!

Being stuck in a tank because the hatch is damaged is fine, that makes sense, it doesn't feel arbitrary and restrictive, because people did get stuck in tanks if the hatch got pranged.

Please find a non restrictive way to balance. Exit animations will fix alot of the issues already. Incentivise the player to play in a balanced way, don't restrict their play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm going to have to disagree with almost everyone and say the graphics ARE groundbreaking, not just good or "ok". very glad the visuals are progressing down the realism route, and not the sensory overload route.

it's always important, imho, for people to step back from their cod and battlefields and pay attention to reality before they judge the visuals in this game.

Upvote 0
Just found the interview thread so I'll post some more thoughts:

+“Combat Power” – based on results of previous battles; teams will have to decide how much of their “resources” they want to risk to make an attack. CP won’t affect loadouts of maps, but more the ability and risk/reward to make certain attacks

+Campaign Map – map will track and display campaign progress, possibly in loading screen and/or “selection” menu. Players will vote for the sector their team will attack.

STRATEGY!!!!!!

-“Bailing” – according to John, current design is for no exiting your tank.

Upvote 0