• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Class Race is still going strong

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
  • Dec 20, 2009
    Is there something that can be done to prevent the race for the classes in the start of every map? Right now it seems everyone either installed the game on SSD and/or turned their settings to low so the map loads fast and they can get the "nice" roles. This is totally unfair for the people who have just a normal HDD and/or play on highest settings so it takes a few more seconds for them to load the game.

This was the case in RO2 and it was very annoying. Now its the same. There's 20-30 sec time limit after you join the server and pick your role, before the actual match begins and I think it would be better if these 20-30sec start BEFORE the class selection so everyone have the equal chance to pick something different than a grunt.

I have a RS2 installed on a normal hard drive and haven't really had issues picking any class I want, including snipers. There's generally enough class slots available for everything that you can usually grab it if you really want it.

I honestly think it's even less of an issue in RS2 because a lot of people are perfectly happy playing Grunt or Riflemen and running with AKs and M16s which are(obviously) the most versatile weapons in the game. Contrast that with having a bolt action in RO2, which isn't exactly the best weapon to be taking to a fight happening within 100 meters, so people were more temped to pile into the Elite rifleman and Assault classes.

Upvote 0
    It seems to be different now. In RO2 the race was actual race mostly for the semi/auto weapons because people didnt want to play with bolt actions but in RS2 it seems to be just the role. Yes, I get that everyone is with AK, M16, M14, etc, but I would like to play with some role too since I am not picking the class for its weapon (I never did in RO2 either).

Upvote 0