• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics The Boss

Okay, so...

First off, he's nothing like the Patriarch in KF1 so you need to stop thinking about how you fought him (if you've played KF1).

Expect to move around a LOT. His gas, grenades, and guns are designed to kill the crap out of bunched-up players, so DISPERSE. Heal your friends and have them heal you as often as possible.

When you shoot Hans enough, he will start throwing white smoke grenades. STOP SHOOTING HIM. His resistance has gone way up, and he's about to grab somebody. It's now impossible to kill him here.

When he grabs someone, IMMEDIATELY STOP SHOOTING HANS AND HEAL THAT TEAMMATE. Shooting Hans when he's draining someone will only make him drain more (nearly killing your teammate!), and he will always heal up to full HP anyway so your shots will be wasted. When he drops your friend, you can resume shooting him until he grabs someone again.

This sequence has to be done three times. After he's done the third grab GO IN FOR THE KILL. You will beat him then as long as you shoot him enough before he kills everyone.

This requires a great deal of communication and co-operation. And a LOT of healing your teammates. BUY A MEDIC PISTOL, NO MATTER YOUR PERK. Everyone should have one to easily heal each other.

And that should do it, enjoy beating him up.

Upvote 0
I'm sure someone else could give you a better guide for it, but here's my 2 cents from fighting him a bit and maybe this could help:

Running helps, even if you're a crazy berserker you must know when to fold. His gas grenades can kill you real quick, and he also has normal grenades that can kill you quicker if you're in the wrong place. So it's all about keeping track of where you are, where he is, and never being in the "wrong" place.

When he changes colour and drops smoke grenades, he's looking to drain someone. He won't stop until he heals, and he heals fully, so hurting him before he's done it is wasted time. Let him heal off of someone, as soon as he's done you can hurt him again, but keep in mind the above and to keep moving, keep track of where he throws his grenades.

I'm sure other members can give you more insight but to boil down my experience, keep an eye on where you're standing at all times and whether it's a dangerous place to stand. Don't bother hurting him until he's finished healing, then lay it on thick, but keep moving so he can't lock you down with his grenades.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is try to get him to do his 3 drains right off the bat, for each drain have whoever has the most armor at that point take the grab for the team, while someone heals them, even non medics can carry the medic pistol (1 weight) and use its heal dart which works great. Armor seriuosly reduces the damage the drain does, (which is why you want the guy with the highest armor to take the hit)

Once he has used his last heal it is time for the remaining team members, (if any died) to pump as much lead into him as they can while still avoiding his grenades and machine guns.

All three maps have an area that is fairly well suited to leading him around while staying mostly in cover. As long as you stay away from his grenades it is fairly simple to blast him and run.

The players with the highest health should try to draw attention away from their injured players since you run slower when hurt.

The thing that kills us more than anything at this point is getting bogged down by clots/cysts after the second or third heal. They have a tendency to show up in front of you and even a 2-3 second delay is enough for hans to catch and kill you.

To avoid this you need at least one person dedicated to clearing the path in front of you while the other players keep track of hans and blast him when the situation presents itself.

If he manages to get in close to you and is not in healing mode where he grabs you, you are most likely dead as he runs fast enough to keep up with a full health player and his guns and grenades will murder you at that range.

Healing darts and medic grenades are your best friend when fighting him

Upvote 0
Though it will most definitely be removed soon, you can circle strafe for a cheesy win. Elevation/LOS breakers are key to avoid getting gunned down if fighting indoors. Also, if he's attacking you try to make your way to your teammates so they can heal you instead of getting separated from the pack. I'm pretty sure zerkers can parry his attacks?

It's so infuriating watching people shoot AA12 clips into his back while he's draining. Also, try to share the advice about the med pistol and not shooting him while he's draining someone. I've heard a couple people suggest the exact opposite and it's frustrating to no end.

Upvote 0
The circle tactic can be countered by bringing back the radial death attack.
The Berzerker parry tank can be countered by the boss targeting the person dealing the most damage to it.
Kiting can be countered by him falling back after a certain amount to running after the players and summoning his horde before approaching from a different direction.

If there are anymore ways to easily kill the boss, let me know so I can devise a way that TWI can eliminate that strategy, making the boss a difficult foe to defeat again.

Upvote 0
The circle tactic can be countered by bringing back the radial death attack.
The Berzerker parry tank can be countered by the boss targeting the person dealing the most damage to it.
Kiting can be countered by him falling back after a certain amount to running after the players and summoning his horde before approaching from a different direction.

If there are anymore ways to easily kill the boss, let me know so I can devise a way that TWI can eliminate that strategy, making the boss a difficult foe to defeat again.

Zerker circling is cheesy, and shouldbe patched.

Parrying is very unreliable due to ping, but it should have a limit nonetheless.

Kiting is the essence of KF and should be encouraged (besides, it requires a very coordinated and skilled team to work good)

Upvote 0