• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Aztec Eagles

BuddyLee

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2006
NCC 1701-D Neutral Zone
My Dad shared an article in "Air Classics" Magazine and I found it most interesting,so I spent some time on the WEB and found these;

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Reynaldo Perez Gallardo[/FONT]
Mexican Expeditionary Air Force 201st Fighter Squadron

Strike_of_the_Aztec_Eagles.jpg

{YBBS}Sage said:
Volunteers like our "Flying Tigers" unit, or what? I was fairly sure that Mexico maintianed official neutrality through WWII (and has since, in other conflicts.)
The enlargement of the theater of war after Pearl Harbor reached Mexico. German U-boats expanded their area of operations after December 1941, to include the Atlantic coast of the US and the Gulf of Mexico. Two Mexican oil ships sank after submarine attacks in May 1942. This caused Mexico?s declaration of war against the Axis Powers. After Mexico entered the war, the country increased defensive measures and cooperation with the US.
I did not know about this either untill my Pop told me about the article in "Air Classics".

Upvote 0
Mexico declared war against Germany after its trading ships were sunk by a few U-boats. We committed resources to fighting the Reich, and joined the Allies.

We sent a fighter squadron for training to the US and then they saw combat in last months of the war.

We contributed just a small part, but it was something. :D

edit: oops I see that was posted. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0