• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

oh darn, they removed some of the best elements of OFP and replaced it with total bull****, even the explosions were better in original OFP, for example the smoke effects, like a grenade or missiles. From AA videos ive seen they replaced them with poor explosion effect, no smoke and dull sound. And the sounds still ****, damn i tell you

I suggest you don't play ArmA, so it wont bother you.

Upvote 0
Do you think this sweet will work with my Inter Pentium 4 with 2,5 GH. I'm gonna buy a new graphic card so that will not be a problem. I dont think RAM will be a problem either. I have a Dell 8600 home edition with nothing changed yet. The graphic card will probably be a Radeon X1950 pro or Nvidea 7600GT if it works. Ill check that later.

Upvote 0
I'm sure that will work dillinger

Minimum Specification:
Recommended Specification:
^^ that was from wikipedia!

Upvote 0
Securom is a lot less intrusive than Starforce. I'd take SecuRom over Starforce any day of the week.

Compare/Contrast at your own leisure:

StarForce Wiki
SecuRom Wiki

On 30th January 2006, Boing Boing, a popular weblog, labeled StarForce as malware [4], alleging several problems associated with the protection system, including disk drive performance degradation, weakening of operating system security and stability. A day later on 31 January 2006 Boing Boing received an email from StarForce [5], threatening legal action and stating that the article was "full of insults, lies, false accusations and rumors". CNET also ran a similar story, and has received similar email. [6] However, Protection Technologies has never proven these claims are false.

StarForce (all version known until August 2006) creates a real security problem when installed. The access control list of the drivers are set such that any user, including those without administrative rights, are allowed to change the association with the executable.[citation needed] Exploitation is simple: The user changes it to point at any arbitrarily chosen executable, which is executed with full system privileges on next reboot.[citation needed] This can be verified with the security tool "srvcheck2", which detects such potentially insecure driver configurations.

On 5th March 2006, a StarForce employee posted a link [7] to an illegal download source of Galactic Civilizations 2, a game developed by StarDock which does not use mandatory copy protection. StarForce later issued an apology for this act after it received a great deal of attention on the Internet. [8]

On 24th March 2006, Christopher Spence filed a class complaint on behalf of himself and other gamers against Ubisoft. [9] As a result of that complaint, Ubisoft dropped Starforce. [10]

Upvote 0