• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thank you Tripwire for listening to the community!

MrRogersBestNeighbor

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2015
So I stopped playing for 5-6 months or so and saw a video of someone fighting Hans. After seeing the Hans rework, I was stoked to start playing again and I'm incredibly impressed with the changes that were made, many, if not most, that the community had asked for.
Namely:
-Hans was reworked. The boss fight no longer feels silly, in the respect that originally players needed to feed themselves to Hans in order to get through the fight. Which felt ridiculous to feed yourself to an enemy you should avoid and was completely counterintuitive to new players.
-Skill tree reworks. Maybe I haven't played long enough so far since the reworks, but when I started again, I actually had a tough time making decisions in choosing skills. And I actually feel like I will probably will switch to different skills depending on the circumstances of the game. The point is, it actually leaves you with a choice now, rather than having the obvious choices from the original skills introduced.
-Increased weapon switching speed. Something that I and MANY other people really wanted to see.
-Much needed nerfs to Berserker. Haven't played enough of Berserker so far, but there is an obvious difference in survivability looking at the perk on the surface.
-The grenade pistol is actually useful with the faster reload. Demos no longer need to be babysitted when it comes to handling lesser zeds around them.
-Hans' melee damage isn't as devastating(?) and his gun damage is actually a threat.
-Husks don't hurl flames around aimlessly when you get near them.

And I'm sure I'm missing out on more changes I haven't noticed yet.

The only thing that has really disappointed me since coming back is seeing zerkwalling as still a viable method to cheese your way through Hell on Earth. That seems to be due to a bug more than anything though, where zeds will target players behind the one directly in front of them. (Which is a bug that was still present from when I stopped playing :S).

Regardless, I have yet to see a game where the producer has listened to the community as well as Tripwire has. Kudos, seriously.

being able to destroy Han's Healing Phase is a mixed bag - for some Perks, it's hilariously easy to break the bubble.
for others, it takes a LOT of Ammunition and luck of being able to keep him just far enough away to continue shooting.

the thought of it is great but some Perks struggle a bit to do that. not sure if i consider it a problem.

much less noticeable in Multiplayer though, since you'll tend to have a myriad of Perks.

Upvote 0