• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Texture changes by distance

iluvyaman

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
I don't know if it's just me, but it kinda annoys me when I see some textures disappear or get blurry as I move away from them. On the contrary, as I move close to some objects, textures pop up like out of nowhere. If I move back and forth viewing those objects, the textures on them flicker.
I assume that this is for the performance stability, but I hope there was a way I could have those textures stable and steady. Is it possible?

Dude. I used to have same problem.
That's what I did hope it will help.
I am using ATI 4790 ( i think)
Go into Catalyst control panel then click on game tab and
make sure that triple buffering is on and minimap (something like that) is set to quality , I also switched AA in game from Ultra to High because it was messing up my scope image.
Hope that will help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a technique games use to make huge maps alot easier to handle. Arma2 does this aswell with their 50x50km big maps.

Not quite sure why maps the size of an average COD map really need this + it makes it look like absolute garbage at time especially all the popping when you ads.
I guess devs were easily satisfied on this one :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0