• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tell me what's wrong, win a cookie.

Removing the command line and having the .gfc's should prevent reinstall. Hopefully the error doesn't stick around afterward. Then I have a whole new list of things for you to do to try and clear it :). But one of the things about the new file system is to help get rid of these C++ errors as the old system caused several of them.

Upvote 0
If you wouldn't mind playing tester for me hehe, could you try a clean install of RO with the new file system allready in place?

IE: Deleting everything RO related, going to steam, right clicking on RO and deleting local content, killing off the prefetch files again (if they got recreated) and deleting the new common folder (where RO sits with the new file system). And then running CrapCleaner again (but make it only look for out of use registry keys, and have it clean those up).

Upvote 0
Well, the game now works with a fresh install on the beta system. Didn't notice a change in the load times though, but I haven't done more than one map so far, it might change after everything has loaded once first. Everything's untweaked on max settings, and everything's back to normal. Before I change the settings in the .ini will the beta filesystem affect any of the other games I have on steam? Thanks for the help so far Yoshiro, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Ehhh... Load times are better as far as I can tell, but the first load is a killer. Still getting awful FPS with tweaked ini on max settings, the detected gpu memory is set at 128 where it belongs and my memory cache size is set to 256 since different sources say different things about how high to go depending on ram. I'm starting to think that this game just doesn't support my system, UT2004 was always over 50fps. I also installed my SBLive! card which didn't yield any positive results other than I can use EAX, maybe setting the in-game sound to EAX will help a bit.

Upvote 0