• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Teamwork Incentive

CrisM1

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
Pulsano
To ensure best teamwork i'll suggest those kind of bonuses that will naturally incentivate it

+ Teammates spawning on you ( if you teamkill a teammates he wont give you any bonus for spawning on you preventing farming ). This will make squadleaders to be more and more carefull motivating them to stay a little behind enemy lines and think twice before rushing.

+ Assist kill for a good artillery marking. This will reward with some little bonus a good marking

+ Orders bonuses for all. If you give a kinda of order to attack or defend any kind of location and will success this will give bonus for leaders and commanders to reward their decision and even teammates with a bonus for listening their leaders' orders. A bonus if 2+ teammates will follow movements orders too

If someone got an idea i' ll stick it in the first post

added later:

by Hellcat420
+ squadmembers within 30ish meters of the squad leader got a small bonus from all kills/actions of the squadmembers who were also within the range of squad leader.

Reactions: MrBenn
The bonus for spawning on you (as Squad leader) should only be if it's done in an objective zone. Maybe +1 point if a teammate spawns on you in your team's zone, and +2 points if it's in the enemy teams zone.

But it's definitely something that needs to be done. Having a smart squad leader that stays alive, in position and facilitates spawning and cover with smokes makes all the difference, but there's not much incentive for a SL to play like that.

Upvote 0
I think Squad Leader should get 1 point for having a squadmate spawn in friendly objective and 2 in enemy objective, 0 points if it's outside of the objective.

Having squad leaders who are smart and play conservatively to facilitate spawns, use smoke to cover on advances, etc...makes all the difference on how effective your team is, but there's no real incentive to play that way.

Upvote 0
The bonus for spawning on you (as Squad leader) should only be if it's done in an objective zone. Maybe +1 point if a teammate spawns on you in your team's zone, and +2 points if it's in the enemy teams zone.

But it's definitely something that needs to be done. Having a smart squad leader that stays alive, in position and facilitates spawning and cover with smokes makes all the difference, but there's not much incentive for a SL to play like that.

what do you mean ?
i' ll be more specific. When me ( SL ) i' m in cap zone, sometimes my teammate spawn randomly outside of it; will this give me a +1/2 anyway ?

Upvote 0
Well the cause of a lot of these teamwork issues is the leveling system. For a while everyone is going to try and grind points. Sometimes teamwork is good for this, most of the time a good camping spot works just fine. But do not fret, once the game is out for a while this will start to disappear as people start to max out or get what they wanted.

As for your suggestions I see some good ones.

Points for spawning in on your squad leader I think would best done not with every spawn, but perhaps with like every 3 or 5 spawns. This way the players have to consistently do it, and the SL has to continue to do his job. The SL would also get a bonus for allowing 5 spawns.

As for Order Bonuses, I think it would be cool if the SL could click on the objectives on the map and be able to select attack and defend. If an attack order is given, he would get a bonus for any of his squad members that are in the capture zone when it is captured. For defense, he would get a bonus for any enemies killed by his Squad Members in/from the capture zone. The Squad Members would also get extra points for obeying the commands.

Upvote 0
yes I want to see +points for following orders, and for spawning on SL.
Basically +points for all things you get points for but +more if your squad/orders were involved.

Also i want -points for ignoring orders(too far from orders for too long) and for not spawning on SL when you could. Or just move them to a squad that is close to their position that they are basically working with already.

As it is i find 1/4 or so of my squads off screwing around way away from the orders, maybe not even covering the squad from a distance, but just doing their own thing lone wolf style

It takes a lot of my time to go find and TK them for disobeying orders.
I need the computer to take over that task some how.
Dish out some -honor or something.

Upvote 0
yes I want to see +points for following orders, and for spawning on SL.
Basically +points for all things you get points for but +more if your squad/orders were involved.

Also i want -points for ignoring orders(too far from orders for too long) and for not spawning on SL when you could. Or just move them to a squad that is close to their position that they are basically working with already.

As it is i find 1/4 or so of my squads off screwing around way away from the orders, maybe not even covering the squad from a distance, but just doing their own thing lone wolf style

It takes a lot of my time to go find and TK them for disobeying orders.
I need the computer to take over that task some how.
Dish out some -honor or something.

that will be a good example of -honor not just for TK.. but disobey orders dont know if wont be frustrating in some ways

Upvote 0
Just so you know, you cannot spawn on a squad leader in RO2 when he is in an active (dashed lines on minimap) capzone. This is to prevent an entire team from respawning on a squadleader hidden somewhere in a random room, suddenly outnumbering the objective's defenders/attackers with no risk to themselves.

Upvote 0
Just so you know, you cannot spawn on a squad leader in RO2 when he is in an active (dashed lines on minimap) capzone. This is to prevent an entire team from respawning on a squadleader hidden somewhere in a random room, suddenly outnumbering the objective's defenders/attackers with no risk to themselves.

we already know... i gues most of us saw it in game

Upvote 0
Possibly the best way of encouraging teamwork, is not to have scores.

How? You get way more points for capturing an objective than for killing stuff. I've managed to get into the top 5 of my team on territory maps while only having four or five kills to my name, heh. And if people do objectives they'll almost naturally do them together, so hey. Just make people realise that doing objectives net you way more points than killing and they'll get over their innate fear of rushing a point.

Upvote 0
I think it would be beneficial for the SL to have 2 smoke grenades (as in RO1) but to not have any frag grenades (as in RO1). Also, allow him to reduce the length of suppression on his men if they are within sight of him, further inspiring people to stay near their squad leader and work as a team instead of run around hunting kills. Kills do not equal wins in most of the game modes RO2 offers unless you can pretty much single handedly wipe the enemy team's reinforcements out.

Upvote 0