• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Teammate taking your role forces you out of the game indefinitely?

MorningstarPA

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Something's been really bugging me lately. I'm guessing it's due an in-field promotion, but when a teammate takes my spot for whatever reason, it's like I'm locked out of the game. Menus become unresponsive, and it takes me a solid 2-3 minutes just to get back in. Spawn waves just keep going by while I'm struggling to figure out what the **** went wrong. Have any of you encountered this problem?

Yeah, this bugs me as well. No notification that you have been demoted and the lack of a spawn timer makes role selection under those circumstances a pretty risky move (usually end up suiciding and waiting for another wave :mad:).

I also get something similar every once in a while at the start of games where I am not affected by a field promotion. Everyone gets to spawn except me and my timer just zeros out and I cant tell when the next wave is.

Upvote 0
Something's been really bugging me lately. I'm guessing it's due an in-field promotion, but when a teammate takes my spot for whatever reason, it's like I'm locked out of the game. Menus become unresponsive, and it takes me a solid 2-3 minutes just to get back in. Spawn waves just keep going by while I'm struggling to figure out what the **** went wrong. Have any of you encountered this problem?

Yes, and it sucks. Maybe it's supposed to represent the time you're knocked out after the thieving teammate and TWI have pistol-whipped you into unconciousness to steal your kit, and the confusion you feel when you come to? Seriously, I hate it, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, this is a constant irritation. Sometimes whilst waiting to spawn I hear a click as if I've made a menu selection, and actually haven't, the menu mouse pointer appears, and low and behold I don't spawn when the counter reaches zero. Why? Because I've been bumped out of the role by someone and the role selection screen isn't spawned to make another choice.

Upvote 0
+1

Really, how does Battlefield Commision work for everybody (it seems) and doesn't work for me ? When I try to take someone's place it says "Role was taken" or something. How the hell it works for you ? :(

I think commander is the only role that you can't take over but all the others you can, so you might have been trying for commander??

Upvote 0
The problem AFAIK, is when a player takes your role, can you then take his role?

The system should swap you in your roles. Say if I am a marksman and dont do well, another player takes my role and plays as marksman. I should then be put in his role so I could continue to play the game, NOT sit on the sidelines and wait , or never respawn into the game.

All this does is remove a player from one team.

Dont mind a better player taking my role, but let me have his in return. I still want to play the game!

Upvote 0
This one of the worst implemented features ever in a game and also useless ... if you are playing the game an doing it enough goo to get a promotion battelfield for sure you are having fun killing those enemies and capping zones ... so if you are doing freat and ahving fun ...why you need to change your class ? , because you are good with one that means you are good with all clasess ? ... maybe you are playing as tank comander and you killed a lot of people thanks to the mg... that mean that you are going to be a crack with the sniper for example ? ...

This feature makes no sense and frustrate the people who looses his role and is waigint in a libo askin WTF happened .

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0