• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team killing, why so common?

Don't bother asking here. The official Dev RO servers are somehow not affiliated with the official RO forum :confused: (The last time I tried to express my grievances, I got infraction points awarded to me even though it seemed like the only way to contact a Dev server admin since the email field is blank in the game).

Why are they the official tripwire dev server or whatever?

Upvote 0
I've racked up my share of accidental TK's - got kicked on a TWI server at Leningrad the other day, when I put an HE tank round into a room at the antitank building that was full of Germans I didn't know where there - but I've only once intentionally TK'd. That one was on Kauk, a month or so ago, and a guy was blocking the exit from spawn. Couldn't get around him, and there were people backing up behind us, and he was flat out refusing to move. The germans were capping something, we needed to bust out of spawn to try and hold it, so I bayo'd the guy. 'Course, someone else TK'd me right afterwards for being such a jerk ... and did it again the next few times I spawned as well ... but anyway.

Upvote 0
I think revenge-TK's are worse than the others. What you do when you revenge-TK is you fall not only to the TK'ers level, but below it. You are now the instrument that starts a vicious circle.
If someone is TK'ing on purpose, get screen shots, write down time and level and contact the admins on the server. They can take care of it the way it is supposed to be taken care of.

Upvote 0
I always apologize for teamkills or even non-lethal injuries. I think I ran into a teamkiller recently while playing Basovka recently. I was a German assault soldier in the station that becomes a capture zone, and another German wielding a pistol had come in. He looked at me for several seconds without doing anything, and I looked at him. Then he suddenly shot me with the pistol. When I started to move, he went and fired another few rounds into me before I could say or do anything. Never apologized or anything. :rolleyes: Think he probably killed me for my weapon. I hate people who do that. I mean, I was obviously on his side, and he'd been observing me before he opened fire. Ugh...

Upvote 0
Well, serious TKs, different from silly fun TKs.

I killed a guy who got in my way the other day on Danzig and because I didn't wait for him to move and shot him, I managed to save that round by a hair (a second longer and the Russians would have capped). We won that round.

The thing monkey feces was talking about is where you sprint, charge melee and aim at the same time, but the IronSights wobble around like crazy and you can't fire off you're weapon, if you try you're computer will start screaming (beeping not letting you use more than the buttons already held). So the so called exploit is totally useless unless you want to amuse yourself with screwed up animation bugs. Or perhaps he's talking about the glitch that happens sometimes when you dash and the gun is still at your hip. only happened with rifles for me, and I never sprinted long enough to spot a guy and sprint shoot him anyway. Useless exploits both of them. But they're amusing I you're bored.

Upvote 0
Well, serious TKs, different from silly fun TKs.

I killed a guy who got in my way the other day on Danzig and because I didn't wait for him to move and shot him, I managed to save that round by a hair (a second longer and the Russians would have capped). We won that round.

Was that on the backend of the German side, going into the building where the stairs are that over-look the market? Shot the guy in the head because he was in the doorway looking for nades probably? I saw that, funniest TK I saw in a while, because it was so blantant!!!

One thing though, how do you know you're the one who saved that round for sure? I find that even more humorous.

Hell, because you shot him, I was able to get in there too and shoot 3 russians myself...concidering that, I am sure I saved that round by a hair...

HAHAHA....

What a laugh.

Just being sarcastic by the way, since I failed to understand how any ONE person can assume the win by a hair in a TEAM effort because they TK'd someone.

My Bad!

Upvote 0
Why? Because he was right in front of me and he would definately cause an obstruction, and I know I saved the round because when I entered the capzone I was the one stop them from capping because all we needed was one more German. Haveing said that again, once again, had I waited another second we would have lost.

One thing though, how do you know you're the one who saved that round for sure? I find that even more humorous.

The little bar at the bottom that tells you how many enemies are opposed to allies in the capzone. I was the first German in there, so obviously I would be the one who 'saved it by a hair', regardless if you did kill three Russians which may only have helped us, it did not technically 'save' the centre.

Upvote 0