• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks - Specifying which type of ammo to load next

Perk

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
If there's a way to do this already, could someone explain it... I haven't been able to figure it out.

What I'd like is a way to specify what type of shell to load after I fire the current round... WITHOUT having to reload the same type, and then select ammo type and wait for another complete reload.

For instance if I have HE in the gun shelling infantry positions... and I see a tiger come around the corner in the distance... I'd like to be able to shoot the last HE shell and have the loader load AP for the next shot. In real life, I'd just say "On the way, load AP!"

Could you make it so you can push the toggle ammo type key within the first second or so after firing and have it reload with the other ammo type... or even better put a voice command in the menu to tell the loader to reload AP or HE after the current shot?

I'm not positive this was tank warfare doctrine in WW2, but it definitely is in modern tank warfare (since the basis of tank warfare was laid in WW2, i'm going to assume it was then too): the only way out for a tank shell is at the firing end of a cannon.

So yes, I find it rather clumsy as well that when you specify the ammo type it automatically reloads. Changing the ammo type should only take effect after shooting the round currently loaded.

Upvote 0