• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank&Vehicle focused update?

I pursaded a lot of my arma mates to buy ro2 this last weekend, and they thought the game was pretty good fun - but they (and i) could not believe the problems trying to get organised into tanks together.
I have no issues with the spawn in tank/stay inside tank idea - i can see it's merits, but ffs use some of the time saved by using that system to sort out this mess.
Selecting squads problems extends to infantry maps too (involuntary switches, mandatory death on selection, choices not registering, the bottom squads disappearing from the lists) but christ, in tank maps its unbelievable.

Its honestly embarrassing, to think it's in this state so long after retail relase.

Agreed, the regular infantry squad menu is terrible enough. But for tanks it's even worse. Being able to at least invite people and having them properly spawn in the tank would help tons. 2 of my friends and I were trying to tank a PZIV, I got in as the gunner and my friend the driver, the other friend chose the hull MG but still spawned in the freaking drivers seat, glitching the first friend. We had to drive to an ammo point, and the drive had to switch to the MG gunner, as the glitched friend came back in as the driver. It's just a cluster **** of switching positions to get it right.

I'd also like to point out that's it's pretty annoying to instantly warp into the view of the AI crew member you take place of when you get killed in the tank.

Upvote 0
To bump this thread, I also think that the current CA maps could use some refinements too. Extended spawn timers on CA maps like Pavlov's could help, and further spawn distances too so we aren't shooting each other out of spawn.

I was playing Pavlov's just a bit ago and I barely got any real work done as a tanker, just shooting enemy tanks. Not shooting infantry or supporting advances, the tank seems like a whole seperate game. I can't provide smoke cover, normal tankers need some smoke shells on CA maps! I can barely shell enemy buildings, all I was doing was shooting from my spawn at the PZIV shooting from their spawn. No fun.

I think all stock CA maps could benefit from the above. I rarely find myself communicating with my infantry mates when in a tank because there is nothing I can really do. On bridges this works because the tank is more valuable in advancing through a certain flank, even if it doesn't have smoke.

I'd also like to take this time to point out how annoying it is how the AI auto fill positions for you. When I got hit in the gunner, I warped into my driver, and I wanted to crawl up to the missing gunner spot but I had to wait for my AI Radio man to finish shifting around before I could even move, kind of annoying.

Upvote 0
Updated the OP with four more ideas that were given either in this thread or elsewhere:

6: The ability for tank commanders to be able to pop out of their hatch and shoot their weapons at infantry. Can help with lone engineers trying to run at you.

7: Pushed back tank spawns and/or increased spawn timer for tanks on stock CA maps.

8: Give normal tank commanders the ability to load at least 2 or 3 smoke shells into their tank. On most CA maps where there aren't tank platoon leaders or tank squad leaders it'd help to be able to fire smoke into some places where the nades can't reach.

9: No more insta-switching rounds. When you switch shell types the loader should re-load the round in. There doesn't even have to be an animation for him taking the shell out or anything.

Upvote 0