• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

silent assassin

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2007
Recently ive started playing on tank maps & ive become addicted to it.

A couple of things that bug me though is that the mkiv's always seem to go up in one or two hits barely ever deflecting any shells. It's firepower is perfect, & its speed is a happy medium between on & off road experiences, but the armour doesnt seem to be able to stand up to much, especially with the later mkIV G & H, especially the H seeing as it should provide pretty much an equal match for the later 34/85 seeing as it had only 20mm less frontal armour than the tiger, but was slightly more sloped.

Also the Panther is about 5-10kph too slow for game balancing & historical accuracy issues, with the large amount of heavier t34/85's on the later maps, the axis forces dont have anything with enough speed to move up & cap/defend objectives since the russian's high speed t34s move up & have time to dig in.

This all becomes especially aparent on arad & ogledow where the panzers seem to get beaten back to their starting places because the mkivs get mashed after taking about 1 hit, whereas Soviet armour deflects shells more often & take about 2-3 direct penetration hits to destroy which ruins the fun for both teams because the germans hae only a little power to repel the enemy, & playing Russians becomes boring as theres no need to check your view or cover your team mates or the other little fun things that makes tank maps so fun because the enemy is being beaten back to their spawn zone.

I kinda prefer my pz4 as to a tiger or panther, those are usually the designated target of most tank crews while I might be a target of opportunity. While the enemy tanks might be focusing on a tiger/panther, I can try to flank them providing the distance isn't that great, and help out the friendlies. Not saying that pz4s are support vehicles, but you become support when your not the main target.

Upvote 0
Tank damage effects

Tank damage effects

RO needs to look into seperate damage effects for the turret, chassis and tracks.

Why would an engine start to smoke when I hit the front mantle?

Make the tracks come apart when detracked. And whats with AP rounds not doing any damage to a track with a square frontal hit?

Sectionalize the damage a bit more guys.

Make the rear turret MG's functional on the t-34// IS-2 's ...

that would be excellent.......:D

Upvote 0
bumping tanks barrels through overlap....

bumping tanks barrels through overlap....

Fix this one. When two tanks are next to each other (touching) their barrels should not "pass into" the tank next to them for a legit shot. Make it so the barrels stop when contacting another object. This goes for buildings and all objects. :cool:

Upvote 0
MK IV Vs T-34

MK IV Vs T-34

T-34 was not called best medium tank in the world for nothing, however, at 1000 mtrs the MK IV 75 at round would toast it, and with Zeiss Optics ( the best in World, avaliable in all German Tanks) the chances of a first hit ( considered by tread heads as the # 1 rule in AFV combat). that would clearly give MK IV a better kill ratio at distance.
The T-34 armour slope was revolutionary but its 76 mm gun was hardly the gun a 75 L 42 was.
The Armour plate was at almost 90 degrees in a MK IV they employed what became known as Tiger Tactics, to angle the Hull to the shooter, it was effective to a point. which brings me to the real problem the MK IV had with T-34's they were every where, 50000+ chassies built by 1945. and 15000 MK IV not all F & H models.
Oh yeah that sutzen armour you see hung onto the MK IV was ment to deflect Shaped charge weapons not JS-2 flying garbage can rounds!
But the Mk IV is my choice when im a German Tread head, cause until they get the Tiger turret to move much faster ( after action reports of captured tigers state : it has a massive turret that moves very fast), im gonna be in a Panther or a MK IV

Upvote 0