• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Takeover region bug.

So, this is been going on for a couple weeks now, and it’s really demotivating to even host servers anymore. As a owner of alot of kf2 servers, with a decent sized community i would really like this to be fixed. Since the last couple weeks only our australian servers are getting populated through the “takeover system”, which before every region we host, e.g Canada & Germany, alot of players are complaining that they are getting in the wrong region servers aswell.. would really appreciate a normal response, and not “Use the Server Browser” which is totally unreasonable for when u want a private lobby, i would really love to host longer for this game (been around since the start) but, that’s hard with this bug. Please help us out!

Once again, you aren't likely to get an answer from them. :) Operate under assumption that TWI doesn't exist.

But once again, we can try to troubleshoot it together. I respect what you do for the KF2 community and can look at the takeover code for you and try to figure out what the problem is.

For starters, are you saying that it wasn't like that before and all servers with takeover feature enabled were populating more balanced in the past, before this update?

Why Australian servers? Anything is different about them except the IP? Have you tried proxying the server in Netherlands to an Australian IP and see if it starts getting taken over thus proving that IP plays a role in the selection process? Do you configure the region of your KF2 servers in ini files?

PS To set the expectations: we aren't changing the client software code, this would require developing it and publishing to a workshop or relying on HTTP redirect that would make your servers modded and unranked by default and so on, which you probably want no part of. But, the algorithm takes some values into the formula that decides which server a player should land on. We can probably manipulate these values. If so, this may have a solution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0