• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Take on the game.

hanky

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2011
First and for most let me say how excited I am for Rising Storm. Game looks awesome. I am really looking forward to a realistic pacific theater game. I just wanted to say how I think the game is going to be, and maybe what other people here are expecting.

I imagine this game centered around attack and defend scenarios. The Japanese force of course defending 99% of the time. B/c They were on the back pedal for a lot of the (end) war.

I’m guessing the Japanese forces will have better camouflage, not in uniform but spots on the maps to hide and ambush oncoming American forces. Game will have a Vietnam y (will you) approach to it because of the jungle fighting.

Here are a few suggestions I have for the game:
Because of the weapon advantage the Americans will have how about we incorporate weapon sway that varies on stamina. This will instantly give defenders a slight advantage while not “nerfing” anything. Attackers who run up the hill will be out of breath and not increases weapon sway against a prone Japanese solder hiding in a bush.

How about *(in very few numbers)* the Japanese forces can spawn in spider holes close to objectives in the maps. The only way you can disable the Japanese forces to spawn there is by nading it or flaming it out with a flame thrower. This will create a “clearing” effect in game play. And also make engineering and flamethrower classes more important.

Last edited:
Well both sides will be effected by it, but because there defending they "should" have more stamina. If your defending your not running...usually.
makes sence,but what happens if you have to run from one place to another,stamina should decrease and sway should kick in right?

So either way you look at it if you run a lot you will have to face the side effects,it should be equal for both sides because people who play as defenders will use it as advantage run from one place to another and ADS without of any sway effects.

Upvote 0
The spider hole idea is interesting, provided there is a change in the spawn protection. Can you imagine spawning in a dark hole just behind enemy lines only to be told, "Warning! Protected Area!" (Mighty Lightning Bolt of Zeus Appears to smite the wicked trespasser!)

Isn't that realistic? I've deployed to iraq, memory is kind of fuzy but pretty sure there is protected spawns areas....don't quote me though.

Upvote 0
is there like an actual list of features RS will have?

I wouldnt mind shelling out $1.99 for this if its any good (at least this way i'll put RO2 to good use, considering i never play it...). Unless this just gonna be RO2 reskinned to a jungle theme with the same bulls*** mechanics.

please god, dont let this game have an unlock system...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there like an actual list of features RS will have?

I wouldnt mind shelling out $1.99 for this if its any good (at least this way i'll put RO2 to good use, considering i never play it...). Unless this just gonna be RO2 reskinned to a jungle theme with the same bulls*** mechanics.

please god, dont let this game have an unlock system...

Two measly dollars? Half a Big Mac? It's gonna have all new weapons and tanks and maps!

Upvote 0
Im not ready to dump anymore money into this game. DH was free and it was amazing. So paying money for RS, I expect to have orgasms as I play; that is the only thing that will justify me paying.

I've already broken my cardinal rule of not paying for content but quite frankly im desperate at this point. The s***fest that is RO2 and BF3 have left me disapointed to the end that im now playing mw3; as retarded as that game is at least its entertaining.

At least with a big mac im somewhat satisfied after eating it (and a bit guilty).

Upvote 0