• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Switch Map Crash, all the time.

Ravvinius

Nov 3, 2012
This does not seem to care if I am online or offline, the initial map I use is fine, but whenever the game wants to switch to a new map, I on on it for about 2 seconds, then the game crashes back to the desktop, no error message, nothing.

Can you please help.

New User, just purchased KF, first time running, immediate problems.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Retina Display
2.6 Ghz i7
8 GB Ram

I should have mentioned in my first post, I did try what others tried back in 2011, reduce audio, re-download files, Validate, nothing has changed the end result of the game quitting when a new map loads.

The other thread you mention, back in 2011, seems to have their issues fixed with an update that was released back then. I am assuming that the update in question was part of the download I just did, would that be a correct assumption?

So far, nothing I have tried has fixed this issue.

Is it possible it is related to the SSD that is in this machine? I am just looking for possible variations from what others have had.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Is it possible it is related to the SSD that is in this machine? I am just looking for possible variations from what others have had.

No, I highly doubt the game has any idea what kind of HD you have. It simply asks the operating system to read and write to files; it's the responsibility of the operating system and file-system drivers to deal with that kind of stuff.

If you've experienced a crash, please post the contents of the crash log. (NOTE: I'm referring to the crash log that OS X generates, not the killingfloor.log).

[EDIT] Wait, re-reading your post it sounds like the game isn't actually "crashing", but is actually exiting purposely. So there won't be a crash log. However, attaching the killingfloor.log and also looking for any messages in the Console.app application when the game exits and posting them here might help. (Console.app is located in the /Applications/Utilties/ folder).

The KillingFloor.log file is at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/KillingFloor.log

Note that the user's Library folder is hidden in Lion and later. You might want to use the Terminal.app application (also in the /Applications/Utilties/ folder) to enter the following to make the folder visible:

Code:
chflags -nohidden ~/Library

Upvote 0
Well, i planned to send those logs today, so I opened the console and the log, and wouldn't you guess it, I can't get the game to quit out now, I don't get it, I tried for the last 3 days, and now when I have a path to solving the problem, I can't reproduce it. I will let you know if that changes. THanks for the help.

Upvote 0
And now the problem is back... I copied part of the log below, hoping that this helps someone figure this out...

Log: WARNING: Texture [Package.Movie] is corrupted.
Warning: Failed to load 'Class XGame.xJuggMaleSoundGroup': Failed to find object 'Class XGame.xJuggMaleSoundGroup'
ScriptLog: START MATCH
Log: ALAudio: AL_OUT_OF_MEMORY in RegisterSound (generating streaming buffers)
Log: ALAudio: AL_INVALID_NAME in PlaySound END
Log: Unreal Call Stack: FOpenGLRenderInterface::DrawPrimitive <- FProjectorRenderBatch::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- USDLViewport::Repaint <- USDLClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 1 GByte 386 MByte 704 KByte 532 Bytes from HD took 4.890769 seconds (2.811377 reading, 2.079392 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Tue Nov 6 20:19:07 2012

Upvote 0
By far the strangest thing I have seen.....if I leave Console open with the KillingFloor Log open, the maps load with no problem. If I close Console, if the map switches from the original, the KF quits out.

Now, I know this makes no sense, at least none to me, there should be no correlation between Console running and a Map Loading, but I swear to you, I have tested it now 3 times, and when Console is open, Map switching is fine. Can anyone begin to explain this?

Upvote 0