• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Swat Perk Speculation

Ideas like that are good, as is playing defensively and focusing on SMG stumble/crowd control with a metal storm, I like the sound of it.

Only issue is currently defensive play is required with all perks and trash isn't killed or controlled easily - Though with this current system in place and some numbers changing, something like an SMG/metal storm brute focusing on CC/tanking could totally be possible assuming the ability to quickly kill trash comes back.

Upvote 0
A couple of guesses at what the skills would be to decide how you play, less on an informed basis and more what I think would be cool:

Can buy a riot shield, has about 50 armour on top of the regular. Absorbs about 10% more damage than the regular armour at base level. Only blocks damage from the front when it is held up. Cannot use ADS with gun while holding the shield.
Wields fast firing SMGs (?)
Tear gas grenade that does very low damage but causes Zeds to panic like they are set on fire.
Gains XP and dosh through using weapons based on the perk and by absorbing damage with the shield while other players are close by.

Tree one (left?): Tank
Shield gets more armour
Shield blocks more damage
SMG rate of fire lowers but makes the zeds more likely to agro to the Swat
Level 25 - Walls of Jericho: The shield becomes invincible during Zed time and every Zed shot during this time will agro to the Swat

Tree two (right?): Crowd control
SMGs gain a higher rate of fire
Gains greater chances to stumble, stun or knock back Zeds
Faster movement
Tear gas more effective
Level 25 - They all fall down: Shooting Zeds during Zed time has a 90% (or something close) chance to cause some form of incapitation. Headshots stun, chest shots knock back, leg shots stumble.

Shoot me down on this though as I don't play KF2 that much atm.

Upvote 0
Hmm... i like the idea of shield, but how to implement it?
How about grenade, that would not deal damage, but would restore armor of teammates.
Still hope for some Turret engineer :D

I'd love some kind of weapons engineer perk! An idea like that would be very largely contested for balance and gameplay reasons but besides all that I cannot ignore how much raw fun that could bring.

Upvote 0
While I did say I thought Swat was going to be tankier, there is also a chance that the might be a very mobile unit since he is using SMG's, he does not need the same tankyness that the commando/support have due to their higher hp or armor due to their passive skills.

The tricky thing is, what type of perk the Swat is going to be, how different will he be from other perks, what role will he have.

I thought to myself that he could be really good with the melee bashes, just shoving enemies to the side and saving allies from hordes of zeds surrounding them, potentially being able to aggro enemies away from them in some faction, manipulating the battlefield so to say, he could fight enemies in a psychological way, it does not need to be tied solely to damage.

Upvote 0