• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Support] Armor Piercing Shot should also give a +15% damage bonus

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    To me, Tight Choke has always felt like something of a double-edged sword since while being able to fight scrakes at a longer distance is welcome for the Support perk, I can't help but think that the trash clearing power of shotguns actually come from a wider accuracy spread. I think to make the penetration perk more attractive, it'll probably be worth it to give a slight damage boost so as to improve the total damage of point-blank shots to account for the fact that large zed takedowns would be much less safe without the Tight Choke perk skill

Don't you mean "Armor Piercing Shot" ? I believe Armor Piercing Rounds is a Commando skill !

I also don't really get your point... Are you complaining about APS or Tight Choke? Both?

Anyhow, I really always pick up Tight Choke tbh. I feel like most shotguns are already pretty accurate for their class, with the notable exception of the Boomstick maybe. I also agree that against multiple trash zeds at closer ranges, having some spread is actually a good thing.

On the other hand, having extra penetration power can be quite underrated. Zeds have a tendency to group up, and it's phenomenal in choke points. I don't think we need extra damage... We already got "Salvo" which gives out a meaty +30% damage, much more than many perks and pretty much for free (the Sharp and GS have to score headshots for example). In addition to the passive increase in damage too. The Support is already one of the best all-rounder perks, with very decent damage output against pretty much anything. I don't think it needs more.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0