• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Opt-in Beta: Suggestions for Scavenger weekly

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    While I am enjoying the heck out of it so far, I feel like some improvements could be made. Perhaps these changes would be favourable?
    • The HMTECH-101 Medic Pistol can spawn in all waves. At a glance, it might seem like a ripoff when a Tier 1 weapon spawned in place of a Tier 4 though I think it's important that a healing item should be always available regardless of how far you are in the game. The chances of the HM101 even spawning at all is pretty low, so having a chance to pick it up in the mid to late game can be a life saver when you least expect it.
    • Increasing the trader time. I don't think 1 minute is enough for players to roam around the map to make sure they got all the weapons, so i think this number is worth playing around for the second beta update. Maybe 2 minutes would be good enough? Because players who have found everything they need would likely just vote to skip the trader anyways.

Reactions: Aleflippy
    While I am enjoying the heck out of it so far, I feel like some improvements could be made. Perhaps these changes would be favourable?
    • The HMTECH-101 Medic Pistol can spawn in all waves. At a glance, it might seem like a ripoff when a Tier 1 weapon spawned in place of a Tier 4 though I think it's important that a healing item should be always available regardless of how far you are in the game. The chances of the HM101 even spawning at all is pretty low, so having a chance to pick it up in the mid to late game can be a life saver when you least expect it.
    • Increasing the trader time. I don't think 1 minute is enough for players to roam around the map to make sure they got all the weapons, so i think this number is worth playing around for the second beta update. Maybe 2 minutes would be good enough? Because players who have found everything they need would likely just vote to skip the trader anyways.
    Actually, wouldn't it be better if it was hardcoded that a medic weapon spawns in every wave...With its quality increasing as time passes? Sure, it's always important to get some healing, but as you say : finding a Medic Pistol in the latest waves would drive me mad, personally.

Upvote 0
    I thoroughly enjoy this new weekly - a lot. Everyone make do of what they come across and sometimes swap/share findings with other perks. KF2 survival at its finest.

I agree that trader time should last a little longer, especially on bigger maps, because most public players are not smart enough to leave 1-2 zedsd alive by the end of each wave. Nor do they read in-game text chat regarding this tip.

Weapon spawns are too good, so is the Hard difficulty which I find easy. Less powerful weapons combined with SUI would force players to scavenge and trade amongst themselves more than before.

Upvote 0