• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion: More zeds in Suicidal

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Zeds in Suicidal are scarce and the money is not enough in the first waves.. that's why they need an increase
When I play on HOE.. I get enough money to buy Tier 2 weapons early on because of the larger horde of zeds.
And even in multiplayer (Suicidal), I don't run out of ammo even without getting ammo boxes because there aren't enough zeds.

I'm aware that you increased the amount of dosh the player gets between waves.. but this wouldn't hurt too.
Also, I highly recommend giving players more dosh for a headshot kill to appreciate good aim. And maybe some bonus dosh for multiple kills (grenade, Explosive shots, toxic, or fire for the non-shooting perks to balance things out).
Example: Playing a short game and finishing wave 1 gives you around 900 dosh while on HOE you get 1270. Which is enough to buy T4 weapons early on!
That's why I suggest adding more zeds in suicidal waves.

Reactions: MrtPsr
Some good ideas, and some more questionable ones.

1) I never had much troubles managing my money, why does it suddenly becomes an issue to you? Genuine question btw. I mean...Sure, sometimes you have to keep your T1 just one way longer, or make do with a half-full weapon. But it's also part of the challenge ! Money has always been one of the core strategies of the franchise. And considering we're often so damn packed with money by wave 8-9, I believe we shouldn't increase the income you get in each playthrough. Back in KF1, you got your best weapons sometimes very late into the game (wave 8 or 9 ! ). In KF2, it's not uncommon to see it appear as soon as the FP rolls out (wave 6). I would actually love for the money count to be LOWERED in order to make it more meaningful to decide what you're gonna buy (past the first few waves when you're wondering if you should upgrade/ buy ammo/ buy armor... the rest becomes a no-brainer). But that would be quite impopular. As for not running out of ammo... Congratulations? It's hardly something to wish for ha ha.

2)Increasing the zed count would be awesome, but it needs to be done properly. What I mean by that is we're both fully aware that more often than not, the playthrough will be like a walk in the park...And then suddenly you get an atrocious wave where three scrakes, two fleshpounds and four EDARs are spawning seemingly at once. And once you try to fall back, you stumble across that juicy bloat/siren combo that just rains on your parade. To me that's just cheap. It's making sure you're either getting boxed, or that your sole escape route is blocked. Yes, larger waves would be great, but I believe trash zeds should really be the bulk of them. Like you could easily have a horde of let's say 10-12 clots rushing at you at once instead of sprinkling three of them in the middle of husks, sirens and gorefasts. What I'm implying is that anything above trash should be considered "special" zeds and thus spawning less frequently, but be a real menace. Meanwhile, trash zeds (clots and crawlers, but also stalkers and gorefasts !) should spawn by the dozen (more or less, half a dozen is fine) and be a threat by their sheer numbers. In that regard, I would be in for an increase in zed counts.

3) I wouldn't think about getting extra dosh by doing cool stuff (headshots, multiple kills,... hell, we could even have some hidden objectives like "kill a fleshpound before he rages on" or "kill a stalker by mistake"), precisely because of what I mentioned above : you'd rack up so much money you just wouldn't be cautious about your spendings anymore ! However, I like the idea of rewarding the talented players...with XP (or Vosh maybe?). That way, sure you could still farm zeds to level your perks, but you'd have to be a bit talented if you want to cheese those. Plus, they could be seen as "hidden" objectives. Something the game doesn't tell you and that you seemingly discover by accident ( "I just blasted that Fleshpound straight up... What, I got 100XP for that?! ")

Upvote 0
Some good ideas, and some more questionable ones.
2)Increasing the zed count would be awesome, but it needs to be done properly. What I mean by that is we're both fully aware that more often than not, the playthrough will be like a walk in the park...And then suddenly you get an atrocious wave where three scrakes, two fleshpounds and four EDARs are spawning seemingly at once. And once you try to fall back, you stumble across that juicy bloat/siren combo that just rains on your parade. To me that's just cheap. It's making sure you're either getting boxed, or that your sole escape route is blocked. Yes, larger waves would be great, but I believe trash zeds should really be the bulk of them. Like you could easily have a horde of let's say 10-12 clots rushing at you at once instead of sprinkling three of them in the middle of husks, sirens and gorefasts. What I'm implying is that anything above trash should be considered "special" zeds and thus spawning less frequently, but be a real menace. Meanwhile, trash zeds (clots and crawlers, but also stalkers and gorefasts !) should spawn by the dozen (more or less, half a dozen is fine) and be a threat by their sheer numbers. In that regard, I would be in for an increase in zed counts.

3) I wouldn't think about getting extra dosh by doing cool stuff (headshots, multiple kills,... hell, we could even have some hidden objectives like "kill a fleshpound before he rages on" or "kill a stalker by mistake"), precisely because of what I mentioned above : you'd rack up so much money you just wouldn't be cautious about your spendings anymore ! However, I like the idea of rewarding the talented players...with XP (or Vosh maybe?). That way, sure you could still farm zeds to level your perks, but you'd have to be a bit talented if you want to cheese those. Plus, they could be seen as "hidden" objectives. Something the game doesn't tell you and that you seemingly discover by accident ( "I just blasted that Fleshpound straight up... What, I got 100XP for that?! ")
I totally agree with point 2, and I can manage my money in a good way. But why does it have to be (Weapon or more ammo)? why not both at wave 2 for example. Yes, at the later waves I get a lot of money I don't know how to even spend (it's fair if you changed perks for the final boss and sold your weapons to get new ones).
But the game currently gives you a shitload of money in the latest waves, but you're very poor in the first waves. So, increase the number of zeds to give players a chance to get armor and ammo in the same time (or maybe buy a new weapon).
Also, the dosh per headshot gives an expert player more money (buying a T5 weapon before anyone does). Why? Because you're blessed with good aim ;) And the other team members are still stuck with T3 weapons.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with point 2, and I can manage my money in a good way. But why does it have to be (Weapon or more ammo)? why not both at wave 2 for example. Yes, at the later waves I get a lot of money I don't know how to even spend (it's fair if you changed perks for the final boss and sold your weapons to get new ones).
But the game currently gives you a shitload of money in the latest waves, but you're very poor in the first waves. So, increase the number of zeds to give players a chance to get armor and ammo in the same time (or maybe buy a new weapon).
Also, the dosh per headshot gives an expert player more money (buying a T5 weapon before anyone does). Why? Because you're blessed with good aim ;) And the other team members are still stuck with T3 weapons.
Well... I just answered above ! You can't have both because it's part of the core choices you have to make in the early game. If you can get everything straight up, there's not much challenge to talk about. I often try to have a mix of both if possible : I buy a few mags, then spend the rest on armor. As a huge strategy game player too, I see it as a "build order". But instead of building barracks at the fourth minutes, just as I already made 8 collectors... I say to myself "okay, you should have at least a T3 weapon and full armor by the time the fleshpounds start spawning". This kind of stuff.

Again, as I told you, I would advocate for the opposite : lower the money in the latest waves to make them a tad bit challenging. To the point when you might have to choose between reaching for that ultimate T5 weapon, or keep that T4 to have full ammo... It happens way too rarely. Usually by wave 10 (and even more so against the boss) I can pretty much buy whatever I want, sometimes with extras (like an upgraded 9mm, more grenades or a T1 on-top of my two guns)

As for rewarding the aim, I would argue that the reward is self-explanatory : you inflict much more damage. That should be a reward in itself. If you really want to reach a bit further with that, some extra Vosh or XP could be considered...But nothing more IMO. That could work for more objectives than "defend the zones". Things like I told you : kill three zeds in a single shot, heal all your teammates in a single wave, use your gun in a peculiar way... Something that's a tad harder than scoring headshots, which you often do even by mistake ;-)

Upvote 0