• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sudden FPS drop and sound distortion once per game

This may be more suitable in the support forum...

I'm having the exact same issue near enough. 60 fps easy most of the time, but occasionally during a game sound gets really choppy and crackly to the point whereby it is near deafening and unbearable. FPS also drops considerably. It seemingly gets better during zed time or the trader - albeit temporarily, whilst when things get hectic it generally gets worse. Occasionally it corrects itself after a little while but most of the time it lingers throughout the game.

As with the above user, I also have a Lenovo Y510p laptop; specs are as follows:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 755M

If any further info is needed, let me know. Any suggestions appreciated; thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having these problems?

I just kinda took it for granted, but I've realized that this really isn't normal.

Like the above users, I'll have 60fps throughout the game, and then suddenly (maybe after a siren scream), the fps drops to 30. The game sound gets all choppy and mangled (all the gunfire sound awful).

I don't think with me it corrects itself though. I think it appears around Wave 5 and then stays through the boss fight.

I didn't want to post in the support forums yet; I'm going to try and pay more attention as to when it happens because I'm pretty sure it happens every single time I play. I ran a search and this is the only thread that came up.

Proc: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 6-Core 3.3GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 TI
Ram: 8 GB

Upvote 0