• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Stuck zed got disconnected from its collision on Carillon Hamlet

mirorb

Jan 1, 2019
Category: Code and/or level design

Reproducibility: Unknown

Summary: A zed seemingly got stuck in a certain part of the map, but its model desynced and drifted away, leaving an uninteractable (and unkillable) zed as the last enemy remaining. After the match ended, the zed's real position was apparently revealed.

Description: At the end of an endless wave on Carillon Hamlet on a TWI server, we all ran to the enemy indicator to find the last zed remaining. When we got over there, we found this EDAR at the top of the ramp, slowly drifting downward, buzzing and beeping but otherwise not doing anything. And we could not shoot it or interact with it at all. It was unkillable. It was obvious that all the players could see the model in the same place, so it's not just that I was desycned from the server. Eventually the EDAR got stuck in a corner and all the players either suicided or left the server, ending the match.

20211121164005_1.jpg

I had a suspicion that the zed's collision was stuck somewhere else on the map, so I shot around the top of the ramp a bit, but couldn't find it. After the match ended, though, suddenly I could see the zed's model back in the place it was probably stuck all along, which is behind the crate where zeds spawn just before the ledge. Excuse the poor screenshot, but I didn't get my free cam over there in time, so I had to try to screenshot it through the end-of-game menu. The EDAR was definitely there.

20211121164558_1.jpg

I've never seen this model/collision desync thing before, and I kind of of doubt you can debug that, but maybe you can fix the stuck spot behind the crate.

Online/Offline: Online

Last edited: