• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strange error: Banned from a Server without being banned

BSE|Vietcong

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2006
Germany
Hi everybody,
a friend of mine bought RO:O yesterday and tried to connect on my favorite server (the best ping and highest player limit in my area).
However, he was banned. Unfortunately he never played there before and the admins of the server said that neither his name nor his steam id were in the ban-list.

When he tries to connect, it says that his IP was banned from the server... He reconnected his rooter and also waited a day so that his IP changes, but it did not help.

Please, help us, because I really love to play on this server and would love to play with him.
Thanks in advance!
VC

Gotta love the IP banning on the internet...
Some people think that by banning an IP they can get rid of an offender.
Problem is that somebody else might pick up that same IP a few days/weeks/month later.
Ask the server admin if he could search the list of banned IPs.

You are sure that his account didn't get vac-banned due to previous cheating right?

Upvote 0
I totally don't get this

Me neither... lol

Definatley fishy, but I assume that the server admin must have overlooked something. I have no other way to explain it since it only happens on this server.

PS: some admins pan whole IP ranges to get rid of some individuals who are very persistant in re-joining the game. Not sure if this is what's going on with the server you mentioned.

Btw. What server is it you mentioned?

Upvote 0